Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Friday. 

Alex (Vince's father) was in his office when his phone rang. He was quite hesitant to pick it up because there is a pile of work that needs to be done. After seeing that it was his mother who is calling, he immediately picked it up.

"Hey mom. What's the matter? Having problems with work?"

"I need you in my office now. You have to be here within 10 minutes." She said in her CEO tone.

Call ended.

What's wrong with you mom? Sigh. She's always like that. Her words are final.

After receiving the call, Alex rushed through the President's office. There sits his mom, sipping into her cup of hot milk tea.

"Please have a seat son."

"What do you want to talk about Mom? Is there a problem?"

Mrs. Coax, cool and calm as always, stood up and walked towards Alex. "Vince."

"Vince? What about Vince? Is he causing you headaches?"

"Well not really. I just want to arrange his engagement party as soon as possible."

"W-What? Vince? Engage? With whom?"

"Is there any other girl? Elaine of course."

Alex, who admittedly dislikes Elaine, objected to his mother's proposal. But Mrs. Coax was determined to have an engagement arranged for Vince not because she wanted her grandson to be engaged but to attract the media and for business purposes.

Alex asserted. "If it's just for business and media, I'll find a perfect girl for him. Way better than your Elaine. In fact, I already have someone in mind."

"Oh really? Let's see. I'm giving you a week to find a girl and make Vince agree with you. If you fail, then, you have to kiss Elaine as daughter whether you like it or not."

"Deal."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vince:

The alarm clock woke me up at 8am. I checked my phone only to find out that today is Sunday - the day I'll be presenting Liz as my girlfriend to my father.

I texted her first thing in the morning in case that she forgot, or tend to forget our plans this day. Thank goodness she still doesn’t know that I lost her book. I'm pretty sure I left it in my table, but where could it be? Sigh. That's not the problem now, I need to get ready.

The lunch was set at 11am in my dad's mansion. I am to pick Liz up at 10am for some briefings, I mean, our make-believe stories should be believable and we should match.

I left the house at 9:30am and arrived at the school dormitory where Liz stays at 9:55am. Yea, I was early. It took me almost 15 minutes knocking and calling at her door when she opened up. The scene that welcomed me was not pleasant at all. 

Liz was still in her pajamas, rubbing her eyes and yawns. "Who is that? It's early." I just stood there, waiting for her senses to wake up. "V-Vince? What are you--"

Before she could finish her sentence, I dragged her inside her room and started unbuttoning her top. "Hey!" She pushed me away, so hard that I fell on the floor. "This is sexual harassment! I'll call the cops if you don't--"

"I'll be the one to give you a bath if you don't start moving. You're such a pain Liz. I don't want to be late."

"What do you-- AAH! Today's the day?"