94

"Ready for bed, sweetheart?" Colby asked after a couple more hours of partying.

I knew the others would be at it off a while but I was exhausted and needed to be done.

"Yeah." I said and took his hand. "Going to bed?" Sam asked as Colby led the way towards the stairs.

"Yeah, we're gonna head to bed. We have an early job tomorrow so don't stay up too late." Colby said as Sam nodded.

"You don't have to worry about me." He said with a laugh. "I better not." Colby said then led the way upstairs.

"I love this dress but I can't wait to take it off." I said with a sigh. "I can't wait for you to take it off either." Colby said as I laughed.

"You're gonna kill me." I said as he chuckled. "Death by sex doesn't sound too bad." He said as we walked into the bedroom.

"Yeah, for you." I said with a laugh. "You'd enjoy it. I know you would." Colby said and started to unzip my dress.

"Maybe tomorrow." I said then stepped out of my dress and grabbed it from the floor.

Colby and I got ready for bed then cuddled up together.

"You're working tomorrow?" I asked and looked up at him. "Yeah, got a lot to do. I wish I could be around more and I'm sorry about that." He said and rubbed my side gently.

"It's okay. I'm gonna take a long ass nap tomorrow. It's what I deserve." I said as he chuckled.

"Yes it is, sweetheart." He said then kissed my head. "Goodnight, babe." I said and rested my cheek on his chest. "Goodnight, baby." He said as I closed my eyes.

I drifted away into a peaceful sleep, until it wasn't so peaceful.

"Jule!" Jenna cried out. "Daddy, don't hurt us!!" My brother Sam yelled from the distance.

"Where are you?!" I yelled and ran through the maze I was in. "JULE!!!" Carter screamed as Juniper cried.

"I'm coming! I'll find you!!" I cried out, running as fast as I could.

"You'll never find them. You'll fail like you always do." Mom said from directly behind me. "You've always been a disappointment. That's why dad does what he does." She said as my eyes watered.

"Why would you say that?" I asked, my voice cracking. "Because it's true. He wanted to be away from you. That's why he does what he does." Mom said as my breathing picked up.

"He wanted to be away from YOU. YOU SELFISH BITCH." Mom screamed, getting in my face.

"Stop. Please stop." I begged and put my hands over my ears. "JULIA!" Colby yelled in the distance as mom brought her hand up, winding up to smack me.

"You're worthless." She whispered then smacked me.

My eyes flew open as my body hyperventilated. "Thank God." Colby whispered, breathing out a sigh of relief.

I felt my lungs struggling to work as my vision blurred.

"You have to breathe, darling. You have to breathe for me." Colby said and put his hands on both sides of my face.

I looked into his eyes, mine wide with fear as I gasped for air.

"Come on, baby girl. Please breathe for me." He said and caressed my cheek gently. I struggled for a minute before air finally started filling my lungs.

"I'm s-sorry." I trembled as he shook his head. "Don't apologize, sweetheart. Wanna talk about it?" He asked as I shook my head.

"I need water." I said with a sniffle then got out of bed. I didn't wait for Colby to say or do anything before I was scurrying off to the bathroom,