nine.

incoming facetime from mack 💟 !!

ACCEPT , DECLINE.

"i did it." mackenzie blurted out as soon as chris answered the phone. chris furrowed his eyebrows.

"you did what?" he asked.

"i asked out brandon, you fucking idiot. we're like... dating now." she rolled her eyes. chris's look of confusion turned into a look of surprise before having the proudest smile on his face.

"no fucking way you actually did it." chris exclaimed. "tell me everything." he flopped onto his bed and smiled at his phone screen. "holy shit i feel like such a proud mom right now."

"you should." mackenzie agreed. "i owe all of this to you. if you hadn't talked to him, i wouldn't have gotten the courage. my happiness is because of you and your matchmaking skills." she laughed. 

"you should make it instagram official." chris suggests. "surprise all your friends that way."

"oh my god that's a great idea." mackenzie exclaims. "you should feel special, chris. i haven't even told emaan yet."

"i feel so special, mack."

as the two talked for another couple of hours, chris felt something different. sure, he's been talking to mackenzie a lot, but they've only actually facetimed like three times since they met. usually they talk over text. chris wasn't sure, but his heart felt a little sting of jealousy when mackenzie was talking about brandon.

whether she be a fan or not, chris couldn't deny his feelings. he didn't know it yet, but he cared about mackenzie more than he thought he did.

maha speaks :)

sorry for the short chapter BUT its happening guys...

also TYSM FOR 5K???? THIS BOOK IS GROWING SO FAST OMG

stream all the things that could go wrong by johnny orlando!!! everything i hate about you is the new bad news for me i'm actually obsessed with it. i've been listening to that one song on repeat for the last two days help