A Visitor (edited)

Hi guys so i'm starting all the way in first year for this, i'll probably put Philosopher's stone and Chamber of Secrets as one book or something, maybe the first three actually.

Anyway, please comment and let me know what you think, be brutally honest, i can take it

-

"BELLE!"

My guardian's newest - he calls them toys but for politeness let's go with - girlfriend screeched, her voice causing my ears to ring. And she was down two flights of stairs which really said something. Here I thought she was just loud when they were in the bedroom underneath mine.

Looking up from the small corn snake which had curled around my wrist, I put my eyes on the door expecting her to come bursting in with another of her amazing war cries. It was always the same, she wanted to dress me up like a doll, or ask me to cook Daniel's favourite food, something dumb like that.

However I didn't hear any footsteps, and the longer I waited, the quieter the house seemed. I would have worried over her going to get Daniel, but he'd left for work a few hours ago and wasn't due home for another hour or so.

"BELLE, SWEETIE CAN YOU COME DOWN HERE?! THERE'S SOMEONE HERE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!"

Okay so that was new, I thought. 

In my eleven – nearly twelve – years in this house, I'd never once had anyone come to speak to me. In fact, nearly all of Daniel's little toys were unaware of my existence in the attic room where he always kept me.

"BELLE! COME ON SWEETIE!"

Sighing, I unwrapped the snake from my arm and laid him on the bed. His brown and yellow scales clashed against the blue sheets as badly as the yellow-purple bruises on my skin. He lifted his head when he noticed the lack of warmth, tongue flickering out in my direction.

Where are you going? He asked, as I opened the door.

"I have a visitor, apparently," I told him and he snickered as I added, "As long as it's not a dumb make-up chick like last time."

Have you ever heard a snake snicker? Well, you probably haven't even heard one talk so no, I doubt you have. It's cool, just so you know, evil sounding. I slid down the banister, landing lightly on my bare feet next to the tall blonde. I was sure her name was Maya, or May or something along those lines, it got hard to keep up though.

Next to her stood a tall man with a long silver beard and hair, wearing a dark plum coloured suit. He had blue eyes and those half-moon glasses that you usually see on television. The ones fancy rich people wear.

"What do you need me for?" I asked, not even bothering to sound interested.

"This is Professor Dumbledore, and he's come to talk to you about school," the blonde announced, "Um, I think Daniel mentioned it at breakfast but you were still sleeping." 

She turned back to Mr Dumbledore while I rolled my eyes. Still sleeping, sure I was. 

"I'm sorry Daniel's not here, he's been working a lot the last couple of days."

"That is no problem," the old man announced, smiling at me, "I'm sure Miss Sparrow can explain everything to him tonight."

"Alright," the woman chirped, squishing my cheek, "You behave now, I'm off for a bath."

I rubbed my cheek with a scowl as she flounced up the stairs like an idiot, Dumbledore chuckling as he moved himself through to the living room to take a seat. I sat across from him, feeling oddly comforted by the gaze he held on me – like he was someone safe. I'd never had that before, not even when I had Nimmy.