Avatar Of Ammit

"Darling, I have to go attend to some things. You know the rules, baby. Don't leave the house, don't open the door for anyone and if you need me call me on the burner phone, okay?" Marc listed off as you nodded and he kissed your forehead.

"Please be safe." You whispered making him smile.

"I will, angel. I'll see you soon."

--

The night had gone on longer than Marc expected.
He was exhausted and just wanted to return home to you.

"Marc." A voice sang his name as he turned around and his eyes widened.
It was you, but your body was dressed in alligator skin.

"Marc, why is Y/N here?" Steven whispered as Marc looked at you in shock.

"Are you shocked? I thought I would use someone you knew. Maybe then when I kill you, you'll have a familiar face." She said as Marc's face harder.

"Ammit." He growled as she chuckled.

"Come on, take me down Moon knight." She said before running towards Marc.
All he could do was dodge, he didn't dare hit you or hurt you in anyway.

"Aww, are you too scared to hurt us?" Ammit said as Marc looked at her.
Suddenly Steven took over and looked at you both.

"Love, I know you can hear me somewhere in there. You have to fight this." He said as Ammit laughed.

"While that's all very touching, I think it's time we stop playing." She growled lunging onto Steve, he kept hitting him across the face as you screamed within your own mind.
She summon a sword and was about to kill your love before you stopped her.

"No!" You screamed before you ran the blade across your throat.
You both fell to the floor gasping for air as Marc quickly took over.

"Y/N!" He screamed holding you in his arms as he retracted his mask.

"If...if I die, she dies. I love you." You choked out gripping at your own throat as you watched Marc cry uncontrollably.

"No, Y/N. Come on, love. Please." Marc whispered as he watched the life in your eyes slowly fade.
Marc, Steven and Jake felt so much at once, yet nothing at all.
The person they loved more than anything was gone.

"Khonshu!" Marc screamed as the God appeared and looked down at him.

"What a shame." He grumbled looking at your dead body.

"Bring her back! Fucking bring her back! She died fighting your fight! This is your fault!" Marc shouted still gripping you in his arms.

"If you don't do this, I will trap you inside of me and kill myself. Taking you down with me. So fucking bring her back, Khonshu." Marc growled as the God sighed.

"Stay here, I have someone to talk to."

--

An hour later and Marc was still in the middle of the street holding your body and weeping silently.
Khonshu appeared once more and Marc looked up with hope.

"You are forever in my dept, Marc Spector." Khonshu muttered before Marc heard a soft breath come from your mouth.

"Y/N?" Marc whispered as he watched the colour slowly return to your skin.
Your eyes reanimated and you looked up at Marc.

"It's okay, baby. I'm here, take it easy." He whispered running his finger over your cheek.
He watched the wound on your neck slowly heal and disappear, leaving a scar.

"Hurts." You whispered as he gently kissed your forehead.

"I know, baby, I know. Just relax, I'm going to get us home." He said gently picking up your fragile body.

You made it home and back into your bed, Marc did his best to explain to you what had happened.

"I'm sorry I hurt you." You whispered as Marc gently played with your hair.

"You didn't hurt us, sweetie. It was Ammit, not you." Marc reassured you as you nodded.

"I can't let you out of my sigh ever again." He whispered, you noticed tears forming in his eyes.

"From now on you can't leave this apartment okay? Even if I'm with you, it's too dangerous. I'm not letting you out of our sight, baby. Never again, never." He whispered crying softly and burying his face in your hair.
You wanted to argue with it, but you knew it was for the best, for now.
Marc had almost lost the last person he had left and you knew you needed to do whatever you could to keep him somewhat sane and reassured.