Steve Uncovers Shit

"Can I at least have a new jumper? Mines all grass-stained," I ask. Captain America takes his off and throws it at me. "Thanks," I say catching it. I take off mine and put his on. "What?" I say to Tony and Bruce who were staring.

"You're hair," Tony said.

"Mhm, I have it too," I remark, "and what's up with you Bruce?"

"Your necklace," he points.

My necklace shit.

"Don't worry about it," I brush it off.

The hovercraft stops moving and I see a big dude that kind of looks like an alien in the field. I'm closest to the door, so I just jump out. Luckily I didn't break anything. I glare at the dude and he starts backing up. He eventually turns around and starts running. Perfect.

I throw my knife and it lodges in his head, just passed the tree line. Either the fact he's dying or the momentum knocks him down. I catch up to him, pull my knife, and just starts stabbing in random places. I'm not very good at alien anatomy so I hope at least one hit will kill him. Once he stops groaning, a giant metal frisbee flies over my head.

"Oi, watch where you throw that dang thing," I yell out. Captain America appears.

"Wait you got him?" he looks impressed.

"No! Really?" I remark.

He already has his shield back.

"Sorry for almost? beheading you. It's been a long month," he apologizes.

"Tell me about it," I say, pulling the alien carcass towards the jet and beginning to walk.

"Can I actually?" he asks.

"Sure," I shrug, still dragging.

"Well basically," he starts explaining. I don't want to get too much into it, but basically his friend ghosted him for a month.

Jeez, I'd hate to be that guy.

Oh wait, I am.

We ran really into the forest apparently. We were still walking, me dragging the alien dude. He must've heard me panting because he tells me, "You can take your mask off if you want to."

I sweating my ass off, do. Focusing on pulling the alien carcass over a log, I ask what their name is.

"Brighton," he tells me. He looks like he was going to go on but I stupidly replied, "Hm?"

"Wait, wait, wait, wait," he repeats. "You're Brighton?"

"Mhm," I respond, knowing there's no way out of this. The odd thing is he doesn't tell at me. He just pulls me in a hug.

"What?" I say, confused.

"You're okay! I was so worried. And as much as I would like to know why you ghosted everyone, you can keep it to yourself. I won't tell anyone, I swear on Thor," he says, really quickly.

I awkwardly pat him on the back. "Thanks?" I thank him.

He separate and pull up my mask. "Help me move this alien carcass, will ya mate?" I ask.

"Yes right away, General," he winks with that last word and grabs the other side of the carcass.

We make it to the Quinjet in no time.