Seeker and Duels (edited)

Again sorry if this one is short i'm just trying to space it all out decently so it's not too long and stuff :P

-

Harry joined us again at dinner and I spat my pumpkin juice all over Ron who was gaping at Harry in just as much shock as I felt.

"Seeker?" he asked, "But first years never - you must be the youngest house player in about a-"

"-Century," Harry told us, "Wood told me. I start training next week. Only don't tell anyone, Wood wants to keep it a secret."

"Well done," George said in a low voice as he and Fred came up behind us, "Wood told us. We're on the team too - Beaters."

"I tell you, we're going to win that Quidditch cup for sure this year," said Fred. "We haven't won since Charlie left, but this year's team is going to be brilliant. You must be good, Harry, Wood was almost skipping when he told us."

"Anyway, we've got to go, Lee Jordan reckons he's found a new secret passageway out of the school."

"Bet it's that one behind the statue of Gregory the Smarmy that we found in our first week. See you."

"It's amazing," I said as I watched the twins leave, "They come, baffle you with twin talk, and vanish leaving you with no idea what happened."

"Having-"

"Ahh!" I yelled in shock, falling backwards off my seat, landing at Malfoy's feet. "God Dammit Blondie!" I huffed, getting back up. "These people are gonna kill me."

". . . a last meal Potter?" Malfoy asked, giving me a confused look, "When are you getting the train back to the Muggles?"

"You're a lot braver now that you're back on the ground and you've got your little friends with you," said Harry coolly.

"I'd take you on anytime on my own," said Malfoy. "Tonight, if you want. Wizard's duel. Wands only - no contact. What's the matter? Never heard of a wizard's duel before, I suppose?"

"Of course he has," said Ron, wheeling around. "I'm his second, who's yours?"

"Crabbe," Malfoy said. "Midnight all right? We'll meet you in the trophy room; that's always unlocked."

"What is a wizard's duel?" I asked as soon as the prat was gone. "And what do you mean, you're Harry's second?"

"Well, a second's there to take over if you die," said Ron casually, "But people only die in proper duels, you know, with real wizards. The most you and Malfoy will be able to do, Harry is send sparks at each other. Neither of you knows enough magic to do any real damage. I bet he expected you to refuse, anyway."

"And what if I wave my wand and nothing happens?"

"Throw it away and punch him on the nose," Ron suggested.

I wasn't going to mention the no contact rule, I wasn't that cruel, plus I wanted to see Malfoy get a black eye.

"Excuse me." Hermione spoke up.

"Can't a person eat in peace in this place?" Ron groaned.

"I couldn't help overhearing what you and Malfoy were saying -"

"Bet you could," Ron muttered.

"- and you mustn't go wandering around the school at night, think of the points you'll lose Gryffindor if you're caught, and you're bound to be. It's really very selfish of you."

"And it's really none of your business," said Harry.

"Good-bye," said Ron.

Later that evening, i pulled on a sweater over my tank top and pyjama shorts, stuffing my wand up my sleeve as i crept up and through the empty Slytherin common room. It was odd, as i expected to see Malfoy doing the same but there was no sign of him or his goons.