030

"Mr gold, or should I say Mr soot, why is it you think charlie would be better off with you instead of my client, wouldn't it be better for her to live with her biological father who she has grown up with her whole life rather than some stranger?" Martha asked the man who frowned in her direction as if he were repulsed by the very sight of the horrid woman.

"Gold is fine" he said coldly in the woman's direction before continuing.
"And yes, i do think charlie would be so much better off with me and the biological father that she 'grew up with' is still giving this little girl nightmares, she is terrified of him subconsciously, every night she wakes up, crying, and she comes to me for comfort, she is so scared that I am going to leave her as this man has and you are going to tell me that I'm the complete stranger, if anything, he's the stranger" wilbur said monotonously in the direction of everybody in the room.

"But Mr gold, you took a child from the streets–" she began before being cut off by the man in question.

"I adopted her legally, and I didn't just take her from the streets, it was freezing cold and raining and the man you are defending left her alone out there, kicking her out, what kind of human being does that to their own child. But now, when she's finally starting to be happy without him, he decides to come waltzing back in wanting her back, she isn't your toy Mr adams, you cannot just ditch her and suddenly want her back again" wilbur said sternly, Trying to make his case, he was truly popping off.

Martha looked at him rudely, shocked at the words that had come from his mouth directed at her and her client.

Martha had so much to say to him but she had forced herself to hold her tongue for the sake of John, if she started going off at wilbur it would probably ruin the whole court case for her client.

Martha's lips fell into a thin line before forcing themselves into a smile, "as my client has stated, at the time in which you are talking about him 'ditching' his own daughter out in the rain he was unstable and had extremely bad mental health, he decided that it would be in her best interest to be away from him at that moment in time, but he has gotten help now, he has been to therapy, and has been to rehab for his alcohol problems, he us now fit to look after his child, he thanks you for taking care of her but he's back now, you don't need to fight for her anymore, if you really cared about her you'd let her be with a real father, her real father" Martha said to him, laughing in her head at how this was going for him, smirking in his direction.

"She is my daughter" Wilbur told her sternly, he didn't care what anybody said or told him, he is Charlie's father, no matter what anybody says.

"Charlie will always be my daughter and I will never give up on her, u promised her I'd never leave and I am going to keep that promise, the 'real father' you are talking about abused his child, I offer you my sincere condolences Mr. adams but I do not think depression constitutes for abusing your own daughter, I believe you when you tell us that you are much better now but I would feel responsible for Charlie if anything like that ever happened to her again, I couldn't live with myself" wilbur stated, glancing over at the girl aforementioned, sue looked adorable, andrew had given her his pen and a piece of paper to keep her  occupied but she looked so content in what she was doing, he really couldn't imagine his life without her.

He thought about that alot, his life would feel so dull without charlie, his house would feel so empty without his little girl.

"Mr gold, why would you make promises that you know you can't keep, do you really think that charlie would be with you forever, is that what you really thought would happen, nothing lasts forever Mr gold." She told him, amusement evident in her voice along with the smirk on her face.

"I believe that I will keep the promise I made, and you cannot tell me anything other than that" he told her, but now he had nothing else to say, both qilbur and Charlie could go home after the judge had the chance to say something to them, then they would wait a day before returning to court where Charlie would be asked to speak infront of the court.

He hoped the judge, in the day he'd have to think about this case would appreciate wilburs side of the story, hopefully he'd have the chance to think on what he had said and let Charlie permanently live with him.