And Now He Knows

Reluctantly, I agreed to go to the party. I guess it would be fun. Jax was going to pick me up and drive together just in case one of us got drunk or something.

I grabbed some black jeans out of my bottom drawer and a red crop-top from my closet. I left my hair as it was and just added a little hairspray. I touched up my makeup put in my black converse afterwards. I wasn't in the mood to party, so I wasn't exactly going to make an effort.

A car honked outside, it was Jax. I trudged down the stairs, "Mom, Dad, I'm leaving. Is that okay?"

"Of course, Mia. Just be careful and have fun."

----------

DANIEL POV

I finished up fixing my hair and pulled on my jacket. I reached for my phone, about to call Jax, Tanner, Ronnie, and Vinnie but then I remembered that they weren't talking to me.

They were with her.

I scoffed and stuffed my phone into my back pocket. Walking out of my room, I noticed my puppy, Happy, laying by Gramm's feet while she sat in her big chair in the living room.

Lately, I've been refusing to pay much attention to Happy. He just reminded me of her. I honestly didn't want to be reminded of who gave him to me.

"By Gramm, see you later!" Before she could answer, I walked out the door and headed down the driveway.

I didn't even need my car tonight. The party I was going to was right around the corner from my house. A couple houses down, I could already smell the pungent smell of alcohol. It was strong and foul.

I pushed past a crowd to get to the couch were May and James sat. May thinks she's my girlfriend, but she's not. She's just extremely easy, and that's all I wanted. I didn't want a girlfriend, not anymore.

"Danny!" May screeched, tossing her damaged blonde hair over her shoulder and wrapped her arms around me. "You made it."

I smirked and shoved her off. "Obviously I did if I'm standing here." May pouted but recovered and pulled me to the couch. She shoved me down and plopped onto my lap, wrapping her arms around me again.

"Danny-boy, what's up man?" James slurred, obviously drunk.

I just shook my head and ignored him. He's been obnoxiously cocky lately. I was lost in my own thoughts when May screeched angrily. "Who invited them?!?"

I looked up and glared. Jax and Mia walked through the crowd, followed by the rest of the guys and Mia's friends. Of course, I thought. Why wouldn't they come together?

"Hey! You!" James called out.

"What the fu*^ are you doing?!" I hissed at him. James smirked.

Jax shoved Mia behind his body and glared. He pulled her away, still being followed by their posse. James smirked and stood up, "Come on guys. Let's go have some fun."

He took May's hand and helped her off my lap. I stood up and followed. "Hey guys, we're joining you." He pushed me down onto the couch. I groaned and looked up, glaring.

What the actually hell is going on in James' head?! What game is he trying to play?

"We prefer that you not, thank you very much." Vinnie snorted.

May looked at James with a smirk. She plopped down on my lap, making Tanner scoff and roll his eyes. "Would you pricks just leave. No one wants you over here. We're here to have fun, not for your bullshit."

I clenched my fist, "Oh, so I'm a prick now huh? That's funny, because I'm not sleeping with anyone's girlfriend or best friend, am I?"

My old gang and Mia's friends stood up, almost as if to create a wall in front of her. That's when May stood up on the couch and started yelling. "Everyone, Truth or Dare starts in three minutes. Get over here if you want to play!"