14 | Birthday Letters

Mia | POV

I woke up at the wrong side of the bed today. I'm so pissed with my hair and my body feels so weak, I just want to get back in bed. Everyone started to hush down when Miss Mendez called everyone's attention. Today was the first day of rehearsals, already! The roles were just announced yesterday and we are already starting. No chill Mendez.

So here I was, heading to the stage to rehearse my lines with Luke. "You have dark circles under your eyes today. Guess you were too excited to get some sleep." He pokes under my eye and I twitch and gave him a light slap. "You might poke my eye." I frowned. Since I sneaked out to see Calum last night, I wasn't able to sleep well after. I wonder how he's doing today? I haven't seen him or Sophia today. 

"Why are you so grumpy?" Luke asks and turns to the guy in the corner laughing with his friends. "Hey Derek! Watch out because Mia might be playing grumpy and you'll be Snow White instead!" Luke yelled and Derek did a little bow. I pushed Luke and he tumbled a bit. "Boo you, Luke." 

Calum | POV 

I woke up hearing my phone ring. I reached for it, knocking over my bedside lamp while trying to. "Hello?" My eyes stayed close. "Cal, finally! I've been trying to reach you all morning." Sophia exclaims and I hastily sat up and glanced at the wall clock. "8:36 AM" I whispered. "Yes Cal, like I didn't know." She huffs. 

I squeezed the bridge of my nose and got off the bed. "Shit. I'm sorry, are you in school?" I asked. "I'm on my way to school, I had to take the bus since you didn't show up." she says. "I'm so sorry, i'll see you in school okay?" I tell her. "Okay." she says, obviously a little pissed off. 

I stepped in the shower, letting the hot water hit my back. After dropping Mia hours ago, I slept like a baby. I put on a dark shirt so Sophia wouldn't notice the bruises my father gave me. We've told him about what we found out, that the president's daughter is dead and of course, Michael and I became his rag doll. 

When Sophia found out that she didn't get the role of Snow White, she was upset. She asked me to take her home, skipping the whole afternoon class. She wasn't able to have her measurements taken yesterday. She got a role alright, but it's definitely not what she deserves. She was casted as the evil step mother, which of course made everything worse. 

I didn't want to leave her, so I stayed with her at her apartment the whole day, trying to cheer her up, watch movies and all that, but she wasn't in the mood. She asked me to leave before I could even cook her dinner. Michael and I met up before I went home, and we faced father together and told him what we discovered. As expected, he was furious, threw a fit no human can imagine, hence, Michael and I went home bruised and bleeding. When I went home, my doctor was already waiting for me. 

I couldn't sleep a wink because of all the emotions I felt. I was frustrated that I couldn't do anything to cheer up Sophia, I was disappointed that Michael and I didn't reach my father's expectations, and I was angry, angry that my father can do this to his own son without feeling guilty, without mercy. The next thing I now, I was pouring my heart out at Mia. I expected her to say something, but she didn't. Instead, she came over.