20

(slight TW there is mention of losing a child: miscariage, i will *announce* it so you can skip if you want to )

Adeline had been back in Atlantis for almost a week give or take. She liked it here, and she was dreading the moment she had to go back to London already. 

Hannah and her had been texting day in and out keeping each other posted on everything, Hannah more than Adeline seeing as she needed to update her on the bakery. 

Adeline was sure everyting would be going smoothly today, she had woken up before her alarm meaning she had time to bake a nice breakfast before Jo had to leave already, she had a nice long walk around the park and who was she kidding she was bored out of her mind and didn't know what to do. 

Every other day she would've gone and driven to set ready to annoy the children with her hugs, as if they hated it, or maybe she would've gone and bugged Charlie about something she hadn't already decided on, or maybe Jamie, or Joe. 

But she did feel a little guitly about always coming to them as if she couldn't be on her own. She could. She just didn't like it. 

Walking around the park wasn't horrible, but she didn't have a dog to walk or a friend to walk with, so she turned on her music and plugged in her airpods. But she didn't know where she was walking to, she didn't even know what she could walk to. 

She stumbled across a few diners a McDonalds or even a KFC until she found herself seated in a little booth from a little café. 

"What can I get for you ma'am?"

"Oh, I haven't looked yet, could you give me a second?"

"Of course, let me know when you'd like to place an order."

Her eyes scanned the menu over and over, she coudl point out what Jo would've picked straight away, but she kept skimming the page without making a desicion for herself. In the end she just choose a hot chocolate, you never could go wrong with a hot chocolate right?

Once the warm beverage was placed in front of her she wrapped her hands around it tightly. It wasn't that cold outside, but it sure was colder than London, and that was saying something. 

Adeline was mindlesly scrolling through her phone not really paying any attention to the world around her. Her fingers ghosted her messages, she hadn't found the strength to open some of them yet. She still wasn't sure if she ever would open their messages. 

Jolien and Carson Danvers had left a few messages to their daughter, but neither Addie nor them really knew what they had expected from it. 

Out of pure boredom and a gnawing feeling in her gut she eventualy opened the chat, it was a little groupchat between the little family. She wondered if Jake had already seen these messages then. 

Jolien Danvers

I heard you got married?

Carson Danvers

Didn't let your poor old parents know

It had been that long huh?

She scrolled through the chats and foudn nothing really amusing or even partly loving to read. It had taken them a year to send a new message after those two of her wedding. 

Carson Danvers

I hope we didn't raise you to be rude I would like to know if I have a grandchild

Broertje

She's not pregnant

As if she would tell them either way. 

*As she looked at the date she felt the tears building up. She wasn't pregnant, not anymore. 

Adeline and Joseph had always talked about being parents, how they wanted both a little girl and a boy, Addie would promise him to be better than her parents, and he answered he knew she would. When she got the news she was over the moon. 

She had a lovely husband, and a child on the way. Her trambling hands had found her phone and dialed her brother, he was the first person she told. He was so happy for her. 

And Jo, he was an absolute crying mess once he heard it. He was so happy kissing her stomach and whispering sweet nothings to the growing baby in his wife's belly. 

After a month she had a check up with the doctor who started his scan only to drop his smile and come back with results that shocked her to her core. 

The baby had died... she lost her child. And he wasn't even here yet. 

Adeline had been a wreck to coming days, after a week or so she found herself more stable than before, but she was fragile, every little thing that reminded her of a baby she would tear up and walk to the other way. Jake had come by every day in those weeks, Hannah being nothing but suportive by taking control of the bakery and the shopping for her friends. 

Jo and Addie were broken, and shocked, but also didn't try for a kid in a very long time. She still wasn't sure if she'd ever be ready to endure such pain again, if it ever happened again. *

She closed the chat, not having the strength or longing to look through them anymore. 

The little bit left of her hot chocolat had gone cold, even if it was just a little bit on the bottom. 

"Ma'am, would you like anything more?"

"No thanks, just the check please?"

After paying she made her way out of the little bar and made her way back to the appartment. She contamplated if she wanted to head to set maybe, see how they were doing but as she checked her phone again she saw that Jo had texted her, 

Schatje💕

We've just finished for the day

want to spent the evening in or go out? :) 

Darling

just in please

do I need to pick uo food?

Schatje💕

nope ive got something covered

see you in a bit

And as always he brought a smile to her face. She would be alright, she said to herself. It may not be perfect, but it was good, and she could settle for good. 

Because she had Jo, except him and Jake, she really didn't need anyone else.