Chapter 35

The French Quarter is busy, with so many schemes being plotted and backhanded deals emerging

The French Quarter is busy, with so many schemes being plotted and backhanded deals emerging. Atë goes about her day, pleased at the corruption already taking place after the peace treaty was signed by each faction's representative.

From across the river, Marcel and Thierry find a way to drive the Originals out of the town. Monique channels the ancestors and informs the coven it's time for Genevieve to sacrifice herself, yet the redhead has plans to solidify her place in the coven, Oliver and Jackson are working with Klaus for their own version of daylight rings, Klaus tries to convince Genevieve to help Father Kiernan for Cami and she attempts to retrieve his mother's grimoire.

The goddess is living for all the drama, taking in all the different subplots, going undetected as usual. The witches are throwing the Feast of Blessing parade in a bit, and there's bound to be some backstabbing and sleuthing involved. Of course she is attending.

Night falls and the parade begins outside on the main street of the French Quarter. All the witches march down the street, which is full of tourists and unknowing locals who are watching on in glee as strong men carry the three harvest girls up in golden thrones. Each harvest girl is dressed to represent a different ancestral element, with Monique representing the Earth, Abigail representing the air, and Davina representing the fire.

Atë's viewpoint transfers over to Genevieve, who turns to meet another witch. The goddess moves closer, eavesdropping in on the conversation. "It's time," she informs him. "Klaus will be at the event, which means the compound will be empty." Satisfied with hearing the witch's plan, the goddess walks away to get a view of the harvest girls utilizing some magic to show off their represented element. The three girls smile, waving at the audience.

She passes by Klaus who is about to enter the party. "I think your little play toy is scheming behind your back."

The hybrid's face is neutral, "You think or know?"

With a smile on her face, she responds, "I think you know the answer to that." With that, Klaus departs to head to the compound to intervene with the witch attempting to steal his mother's grimoire.

Inside, the brunette wanders until she finds the young witch, Davina. "So Davina, having fun?"

Davina scoffs, "I'm already over it."

The goddess can see a pair of eyes on them, "Don't look now but your bestie is giving you a very bitter look if I do say so myself." The teenager rolls her eyes. "Let her be jealous," Atë says while leaving to go grab a drink. She passes by Monique ranting to Genevieve about how unworthy Davina is and the redhead formulates a lesson.

Sipping on hard liquor, Atë watches the red headed witch make her way to the front of the room. "As per our centuries old tradition, all are welcome to deliver their offerings to the Harvest girls. It is our custom to deny no one a blessing."

The three Harvest girls sit down on throne-styled chairs at the back of the ballroom. Hayley is the first to approach with her gift and begins to make her way to Davina, yet another witch directs her to Monique. The next gift goes to Abigail, then back to Monique, and back to Abigail. It's obvious the immature lesson Genevieve conjured up. After Monique shoots Davina multiple smug looks, the young girl rushes out in tears, bumping into Josh. Then right on cue, Klaus reappears.