37

I finished rinsing my mouth and turned off the tap, wiping my face in the process.

I'm frightened. Everyday this week, I've had to race to the bathroom the moment I wake up in order to puke. And it was driving me mad.

"Are you alright?" Emily poked her head into my room.

"Yeah" I continued lacing my Vans up. "I just think I have a bug or something, especially because I feel really sleepy"

"Aww, do you want me to bug off and we go out later?" She said.

"No, no, I want to get out of the house a bit. Get that Vitamin D, and some strawberries because I really fancy strawberries" I stood up. "Let's go"

"You hate strawberries" Emily linked into me.

"No I don't, that was just a mad phase. I really crave strawberries, ooh and shortbread biscuits" I clapped my hands repeatedly. "I'm fit for a feast"

She laughed and passed me the keys. "You sure are! So, that thing you told me yesterday about you and Ross, have you spoken to him yet?"

"I feel so so guilty about this, I never even allowed him to explain himself" I scratched my head. "Maybe I was too harsh? I don't know"

"Yes, he cheated but, you don't know under which circumstances"

"I miss my favourite human" I pouted. "Am I going the right way?"

"Damn, it's been so long since you've been here that you forgot where to go" Emily chuckled.

"You know, I don't think he will forgive me." I sighed. "He stopped messaging me Wednesday, and it's Friday today"

"Maybe he's preparing some mad crazy way to apologise- he kind of really is made out of money"

"Hopefully, although something small would be nice also" I shrugged.

+++

The weather deteriorated as the day continued. I watched as it down poured outside and continued rinsing dishes.

"I missed you"

"Fuck off"

"Yikes," Kane chuckled. "Why so defensive? After all you came back to me"

"No I came here to get away, asshole" I groaned. "I'm engaged for goodness sake"

"Lies-"

I waved my hand in front of his face. "Are you freaking blind?! Do you not see a ring on my hand?"

Emily walked in, cutting him off. "Charlie! Charlie, Charlie, Charlie oh my god!"

"What?" I watched as he handed me an umbrella.

"You have a visitor" she giggled and stepped out of the way. I felt Kane follow but Emily stopped him. "Nobody said you, she has a visitor, not you. Now, you can go spy in the living room like the rest of us or bug off to the stables"

I chuckled at my cousin's sassiness but that faded when I saw three things:
•the intense rain
•the thunder & lightning
•the person standing in the rain.

I walked over steadily, gripping the umbrella tightly. "What are you doing here? And in the rain?"

He hadn't been standing there for long; but long enough to soak half of his shirt. "Wait a minute"

"Ross if this-"

I was cut off by him whacking out a list from his pocket. "I'm sorry for eavesdropping in your conversation with Evan, I'm sorry for looking at your ass, I'm sorry for being to possessive and dominant, I'm sorry for being too jealous, I'm sorry for constantly checking you out, I'm sorry for picking stupid arguments with you, I'm sorry for being rude, I'm sorry for being inappropriate and I'm sorry for that time I stepped on your foot- and then your hand. I'm sorry for basically killing your plants, I'm sorry for thinking it was ever going to be easy, I'm sorry for saying sorry so many times"

I chuckled softly at the last one.

"And finally, I'm sorry for kissing somebody other than you. And you may forgive me, you may not. But I will never ever forgive myself for it" he put the piece of paper back in his pocket. "So I'm asking you, will you forgive me"

"Listen, you aren't the only one who has some apologising to do. I didn't hear your side of the story and to top it off, I've been hiding something from you but I'll tell you later" I shook it off. "But goodness, hell yeah I forgive you!"

His face lit up. "Why does it feel like you're letting me off so easily though?"

"Because you have a hell of a lot to do still, especially after what I tell you. But for now, please just hug me"

He reached over and took me in his arms for the hug I have been craving for the longest time. The type of hug that reminded me of the early weeks of our relationship and never failed to make my heart race.

"Now, come on. You need to meet the family, and my horse. And get changed because you're soaked" I linked arms with him.

"Is it the White horse you named Biscuit?" He tried his hardest not to laugh but failed the moment I looked at him. "Sorry but I'm sure he's cute like you"

"Got that right" I nodded and closed the umbrella. Right from the doorway, Kane stepped over.

"Who are you?" He demanded.

"This is my fiancé, Ross" I introduced them. "And Ross, this is Kane"

"Oh, okay" Ross nodded then turned to me, sealing a kiss on my lips and backing me away. After that, all I saw was a swinging punch & Kane on the ground. My whole family released a collective 'ooh'.

"Just in case you ever feel like hitting a girl again" Ross shrugged and threw an arm around me. "Let's meet the family!"

+++

"God, Tennessee water is so pure" Ross stepped out of the bathroom drying his hair. He tossed his towel aside and walked to me. "Now, babe, we have a few things to catch up"

"Which we can't do," I smiled. "For like, 9 months"

"How come?!" He pouted.

I pulled him closer until our foreheads were touching. "Ross, I'm pregnant"

He froze for a good 30 seconds then burst into a celebratory dance. I giggled and he pulled me into a hug. "Thank goodness! I can use my maternity jokes on you and we're having a kid, well technically you are because he or she will come out of your- never mind. I hope it's a girl"

"Would you like a girl? Because I want twins" I played with the countless rings on his fingers.

His eyes widened. "I suppose having a girl AND a boy would be crazy awesome. And I also suppose we could cuddle and talk for the next 47 years because it would be just as good"

"You know what?" I looked at him, he shook his head. "I wouldn't quite want anything else right now"