031

Charlie and Wilbur had gotten home. Charlie hugged the stuffed animal that Andrew had given her close; she was quieter than usual; maybe she was scared or nervous. Or she could be worried about what was to happen.

Wilbur decided to leave it alone for now; instead, he and Charlie were about to leave so that they could go and get ice cream

They were just about to leave the house; Wilbur just had to tie the shoelaces on Charlie's rollerskates, he had bought her the skates after they had gotten home from America, and she had seen a guy at the park teaching his kids how to Rollerblade and her eyes lit up, she didn't say anything to Wilbur about it but her smile the next day when he presented the shoes to her he knew buying the shoes was worth it.

Charlie had yet to master the art of rollerblading. Although Wilbur still had to hold her hand throughout her attempts, charlie was finally learning to be an adventurous child. She even wanted to try things that she had never tried before; it felt so different to when Wilbur first began accommodating the small girl; charlie never dared try anything new; she was terrified to even think of the idea.

The first time charlie tried to let go of Wilbur's hands ended with Charlie on her hands and knees, with a cut knee and a scraped elbow. Wilbur got so worried that day,  he had rushed over immediately, but she was fine she cried for five minutes before getting back up and trying again.

He couldn't wait to leave and make a new memory but he was interrupted by a ring on his phone, he pulled it out of his pocket to see who it was but he was met with the sight of an unknown number on his phone. The last time he had gotten an unknown call it was to tell him that Charlie's biological dad was taking charlie away from him, what if it was something similar again.

Wilbur reluctantly answered the call in case it was important but he truly was worried, what if it was the judge telling him not to come back because John had won, what if it was Martha threatening him or what if it was Andrew with bad news.

Wilbur really was overthinking this.

"Hello?" He said as he answered the unknown call, but he was met with a familiar voice, "Hey will" he replied, wilbur could tell he was smiling but he wasn't entirely sure why.

"Dream?" Wilbur questioned, picking up charlie, so she wasn't just sat on the bottom step of the stairs getting bored.

"Yeah-" dream laughed, but wilbur couldn't entirely hear him, the background noise was really loud.

"Where are you, it so loud and why is this an unknown number?" Wilbur had so many more questions hut he'd save them till later, "everyone is at Heathrow Airport, we wanted to conw support you and Charlie at court but we decided you'd freak if we told you, we wanted to tell you before we all got taxis to yours." He told the man, before remembevering wilburs second question.

"And half of us didn't charge our phones, the other half have no signal so we had to use a payphone" dream told him with another laugh, wilbur had no clue what to say, he just agreed and left it at that.

Wilbur still had at least an hour before they would get to his house, he hoped that they didn't all expect to stay here, he could honestly say that he didn't have the right space for everyone, but there was a hotel just around the corner that they could stay in.

Wilbur was still set on his plans to take Charlie out rollerskating, maybe he'd just have to bring everybody else along with them.

"Guess what charlie!" He asked her on over the top excitement, he was trying to make things more interesting for her seeing as they couldn't go rollerblading yet.

Charlie gasped, not even in a sarcastic way like Wilbur would usually expect from anyone other than her, but she was genuinely excited, for what? She wasn't sure but the happy aura wilbur was giving off was just making her happy.

"What is it" she asked breathily, her eyes were lit up brightly as she looked at wilbur in the eyes, all he saw was his amazing child, but at the back of his mind it occurred to him that she may be taken away from him, for now he just wanted to make the most of their time together before she would be possibly leaving.

"Everyone from America has gotten on that big metal bird that we went in to get back home, and they are all coming over to our house" wilbur told her, charlie had a habit of calling planes 'big metal birds' she just couldn't remember the original name so now that's what wilbur calls it Infront of charlie. She does that with alot of things, whenever she can't remember the name of something she'd just use words that she did know to rename things.

It tool charlie a few seconds to understand what wilbur meant, but he was patient with her, she was too young to understand everything, sometimes wilbur would have to wait longer for Charlie to get there, or he'd have to explain things further.

But he didn't mind he loved talking to the girl.

"Really?" She questioned excitedly, she had finally understood what wilbur meant after his 5 minutes of waiting for her and she was more excited that ever.

She really wanted to show tubbo more of her drawings, and she wanted to show George some of her stiffed toys, and she wanted Jack to see her doll, it was a large doll that you could brush her hair, charlie loved the dolls hair and she wanted to show Jack what he was missing.

"Yeah!, they'll be here in just abit, what do you want to do until then" wilbur asked her as he began to untie her Rollerblades.

"Uhm... can we– can we go for a walk, I want to see the squiwells and the rabbits" she asked him, he knew what she meant, she wanted to go to the nature walk about five minutes walk away from his house.

"Yeah come on, let's get you some normal shoes" wilbur said to her, putting the trainers on her feet before they left.