97

Colby's POV

"God damnit." I mumbled, trying to clean the blood off my gun.

Sam and I were on a job, scoping out a couple criminals that were intending on stealing the mayors money.

We had to stake them out for hours but eventually we were able to kill them, things definitely got messy though.

"You good?" Sam asked as I nodded. "Yeah. Got blood on my favorite gun. I also wanted to be home by now." I grumbled, putting my gun back in its holster.

"Yeah, it's pretty late. Been a long day." Sam said as I started the car. "Too fucking long." I said and started driving home.

I was annoyed that this job took so long because I was exhausted.

I didn't mind waking up in the middle of the night for Julia because she was clearly struggling but it made me more tired than I would usually be.

When we got upstairs I went into the living room where I heard people. "Hey." I said and walked into the room.

"You guys ran late." Corey said with a laugh as I nodded. "The fucker wouldn't leave the house." I said and looked over at Sam.

"We were sitting there for hours." He said as Kat stood up and hugged Sam.

"Did Jules go to bed?" I asked and looked around. "Yeah, about an hour ago." Devyn said as I nodded.

"I'm gonna go to bed then. See you tomorrow." I said then left and went to go upstairs. When I got upstairs I went into the bedroom to see that it was empty.

"Jules?" I asked and looked around. "Babe?" I asked and walked to the bathroom and closet to see she wasn't there either.

I felt my heart speed up as I walked towards the balcony. "Julia, where are you?" I asked then quickly left the room and went back downstairs.

"Where is Julia?" I asked, trying to keep my voice level. "Upstairs...?" Corey said with confusion. "NO. Where the FUCK is Julia?" I asked angrily.

"Woah. She went upstairs, I'm not sure where else she could have went." He said as I clenched my jaw. "She's not upstairs. Fuck!" I yelled and clenched my fist.

"We'll look at the cameras, see if maybe she went on a walk or something. Did she mention anything about being unhappy? I don't think she would run away." Sam said as I turned to grab my keys.

"No! She was so happy when she went to bed." Corey said as the girls all nodded.

"We got her a Christmas gift and she was almost in tears she was so happy." Devyn said as I looked at Jake.

"Walk the perimeter. Look for any indication of someone being here." I said then looked at Corey. "Look around the house and do the same thing." I said then looked at the girls.

"Go to one of your rooms and stay put. Don't move until someone gets you." I demanded then looked at Sam. "We're going to the office." I said then left before anyone could say anything.

I was trying to push down the fear that was brewing in my belly, but it was getting harder.

The fact that Julia either ran away or was taken with such ease that nobody noticed was scary.

"She's probably okay." Sam said quietly as we got in my car. "I don't think she would leave, Sam. I just don't think she would." I said and started the car.

"I don't either. She could have went on a walk though, since she's been having sleeping problems." He explained as I started driving.

For some reason, I could feel in my gut that something was terribly wrong.