Mystic Mayhem

A new day in New York like any other.

Except it became strange for the people here.

A small dog-like creature with a green vial around its neck ran through the pathway, avoiding people over him. Two large men with dogs in baby carriers chased after it, knocking over citizens, who yelled and groaned in annoyance.

The creature jumped on a box full of flags and leaped off it, knocking it over in the process. The two men tried to not step on the top of the little flags and continued to chase the creature down.

The dog-like animal then pounced on a delivery boy's bike and jumped off past a customer.

"Hey, watch it!" The delivery boy yelled.

Before he could even give the order to the customer, the buff men knocked down both the delivery boy and the customer, not even saying an apology to them.

"You gotta watch where you're going, man!" The delivery boy shouted at them.

The dog-like creature turned towards an alleyway but stopped short when it skidded near a dead end.

"This way!" One of the men said.

The creature spun around and saw that it was trapped. The two men slowly stalked towards it with evil grins and laughed darkly. It whined in fear, scooting away.

However, a soft thud appeared behind the men.

They both turned to find a slim figure dressed in red, black, and dark grey armor, with two small knapsacks on both sides. The figure only had a cloth covering the mouth, apart from the eyes, which narrowed at the two men.

The creature saw its chance and instantly disappeared in a flash of blue. It then appeared a few meters behind the figure a second later and ran off in a different direction.

"Hey!" One of the buff men yelled. Both of them started after it again.

The person was one step ahead of them. She grabbed the first one by the arm and twisted it, prompting him to yell in pain. She then crouched down and kicked him from underneath the feet. She grabbed the second by the arm as well and threw him over her shoulder with all her might, landing him on wooden boxes.

The figure remembered the creature and ran off to where it had dashed off to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night, at a formal party...

Four figures watched a shady deal from above the Molina Tower. They jumped from the very top and landed on the balcony in front of the sign. The turtle with a pair of goggles on his head pulled out his staff and aimed it at an unfinished building.

The turtle shot it, a rope with a clinger catching one of the beams. He then connected the other end of the rope to the wall of the Molina Tower.

"Yellow Submarine, are we clear?" The larger turtle with the red bandana spoke through the walkie-talkie.

"Affirmative, Red Rover," a female voice responded.

"Copy. Right, boys," the larger turtles glanced at the other ones. "It's going time."

The turtles then clipped themselves on the rope and shot themselves towards where the deal is happening. The larger turtle raised his fist to signal the others to follow his lead.

They zoomed past the party above and headed for another building instead. One by one, the turtles released themselves from the line and dove toward the pool.