Canny Valley.

---- 

The world became cannier than it ever was.

You awoke with an agonizing headache, your vision hazier than ever before. You sulked up from your position on the couch, you felt sick, you wanted to throw up. Slowly things came into view. Your memory, murkier than ever.

Everything distant but familiar, you couldn't tell where you were, it all seemed too different and more clearer? This is my apartment, to your amaze your living room's features were recognizable, even your couch, everything. It felt off, everything. You lanced a look out your window, it wasn't just your apartment, but the entire valley. All objects here always had a dismembered nature about it. 

But now, It had resembled the same normality in the outside world, the objects, figures and the disrupted distorted landmass were all cannily normal. Confusion struck you, was I really seeing this? You pulled your head back as you darted about, glazing at your recognizable alarm clock. 9am? Huh. You turned to a box of familiar assortment slowly unpacking the contents. You looked about for your camera, but finding your old polaroid photos instead. The photos... your eyes, provoked to water. As you begin to scatter them across the wall of your room, pinning them about on your wall. Most of them were torn but still recognisable in their monochrome tones. You liked to take photos to remember your brother's passion, he took photos a lot when we were together. You chopped through some more stacks as you searched deeper for your camera, "where did it go..." you hopped to your feet, twisting your steps as you rumaged about. 

There it was on the kitchen bench before you.  But why was it there...? You couldn't recall how. You glanced next to it, there was a photo that had been taken. It was fresh warm to the touch also. You began shaking it. A disgusting image appeared making you jolt. Augh what the hell was that? A amalgamation of meat showed within the photo. Your headache began to return by just holding it in your hand.

Before you could make out any more detail, something latched to your leg. A little hairball, with curled black locks. "It's you! How-" you stopped for a moment, you were talking to a hairball creature. The eye blinked, "d-did you do this?" The hairball sat there quivering as if they had been caught. You put the photo to their eye. The hairball looked as if it was relieved, making you growl. You had caught on it wasnt as pea-brained as you thought. "So it wasn't this you were worried about then huh?" you slipped the photo back on the bench. "You better not be hiding anything..." the hairball began to nod- making you brew with panic that you werent wrong, "w-wait you understood me?" you froze freaking out.

Silence fell between you and the hairball. The hairball began tugging on your leg, making you whip your hand towards it and throwing it straight out your window. You had succeeded, you fear resolved. You laughed with a sense of accomplishment as you dusted off your hands, that nosy hairball had been dealt with. You kind of felt ashamed to admit you were fooled for its silly-looking adora- a-appearance. Yeah appearance. Before you could think a bit whines of a particular creature ruptered behind you at the bay of the window. As the thing tried to pry the windows open with its hairs. "how the he-" you exclamied. To your shock- it was making a ton of progress.  You reached over as could as you could pushing down on your window. "You- are not getting in my apartment again." 

"sho- bye-bye leaaveee." after multiple verbal atempts the creature just wouldnt give up. Until 30 mintues later...

"sho, sho, please go away." you mumbled to the creature as you made flicking movements with you head. It finally listened, as it turned away defeated and vanishing.

You hasitly got ready for the day nearly falling to your knees after standing in-place for so long. Thankfully there was no sign of the little fiend of a hairball. 

You trudged down the stairs of your apartment complex your knees shockingly not buckling under you. Just when are they going to even fix those damn elevators?! You grumbled. You hopped on the first bus you could spot to take you into town once again.

There, you saw it out the window a cute little store that sparked in you, making you want hop off early. As you dotted off...

You jotted your way to the nice store that called to you, everything just spoke to you the lux records and... and tapes! You scurried over to the assortment of finely lined tapes all packed nicely in a box, you favourite bands tapes were here, even some you had'nt gotten before. you reached out to the one the screamed at you to pick up, as you did a caressed hand interecepted you. You looked up, as they awkwardly jittered their hand away. Their eyes a deep charcoal marveling at you. They looked very normal-looking for a place like this.

"oh sorry," they nasily repiled letting a small grin form. 

"You like this band too?" You pampered at the long-stooty locked man.

"I love their music!" he lips curled as he clasped his hands in excitement. As his logoed shirt changed in response.

"Whats you favorite thing about them?"

"I loveeee the sound of them, the humming reminds me of static."

"t-the static?" you began to chuckle at the aloof man confused on when he just had said. "You're a funny guy."

"s-sorry did I say some wrong?" the mans tone drowned as he formed a worried frown.

"kind of," you paused checking the time in the store. "I've got to get going..." you ushered your way to the counter purchasing the other things you picked up in your grasp. You slipped out of the store leaving the plain guy at that store, gobsmacked.

---

You didnt do anything else, worth noting, but take photos of the abnormal appearance of everything you passed. (after retreiving your carmera of course.) The night fell as the time whisked away, the normal secenerly really did feel strange, it was like you never even entered the valley. You hated it.

---

A/N: The person you met at the store was Normal Doe.  Also sorry that this kind of filler 😭😭