Chapter 17

Isaac sat in the car in silence as he glances at the two men towards the front then towards Rose who wasn't looking at him. He looks down at his hands and gulps as his heart was pounding loudly in his chest. The two men except Rose could hear it.

"Rose."
"Yeah?" She answers still not looking at him.

"I-I'm sorry for causing you a lot of trouble. I-It's just that..." He starts before glancing up front to see Niklaus staring at him from the rear view mirror making him gulp in fear. Niklaus looks towards the road in silence as Isaac grips his shirt. Sweat forms on his forehead and hands as he wipes his forehead with his sleeve.

"I love you, Rose Mikaelson." Isaac says and immediately the car stops. Isaac could feel eyes towards him at Rose shocked at his words, Niklaus with a unreadable expression, and Elijah calm and collected.

"Well, what an interesting car ride." Elijah sighs as he fixes his cuffs.

"You don't say brother." Niklaus answers staring at Isaac from the rear view mirror.

"Isaac, how much do you love my daughter?"
"A lot sir."
"That does not answer my question, I'll repeat it one last time. How much do love my daughter?" He ask and Isaac looks up to look at him in the eyes mustering as much confidence as he can before gulping a ball of fear down his throat.

"I would do anything to make her happy."
"Even if you have to die?"
"Dad." Rose calls him with a frown.

"Yes sir." Isaac answers shocking Rose.

"And what happens if you find out what we are? Do you intend to still stay with her?" Niklaus ask staring right into his soul as Isaac look confused.

"Wh-what?" Niklaus immediately shows his hybrid eyes and smirks showing his large teeth as Isaac felt fear cover him. He couldn't believe his eyes.

"Wh-What are you?"
"A hybrid." Niklaus grins as his face changes back.

"A-and him?"
"A vampire. We're all 1 thousand years old vampires except for our dear Rose and a couple of our family." Elijah answers him immediately.

"Is she-"
"No, but she's also a hybrid."
"Which is?"
"This is not the place to discuss what she is. Many ears lurk within these woods." Elijah says looking through forest.

"W-Wait there's vampires and werewolves? They're real?!" Isaac ask.

"Yes, we keep ourselves a secret from you humans. Niklaus do you mind?" Elijah looks at him as Niklaus begins to drive again.

"How many vampires are there?"
"Possibly a thousand with many turning others into vampires." Elijah answers again and Isaac was shocked.

"Are there vampires in my school?"
"No, surprisingly this town has not been tainted with our blood, yet."
"Yet?"
"Yes, cause one of these days vampires will be here in no time."
"There's one werewolf in school though." Rose tells Isaac who looks at her.

"Who?"
"Scott." She says and his eyes widen.

"So, do you still want my daughter?" Niklaus ask glaring at him through the rear view mirror before looking forward.

"Yes, no matter what she is." Isaac looks at him then towards Rose who was blushing furiously as she looks at her fingers.

"Rosalina?" Elijah asks looking over his shoulder towards her hearing her heart beating just as fast as his.

"Uh, I-I really don't know."
"Take your time. I can wait. We can always take it slow too." Isaac tells her as he takes her hand and held it to his making Rose look at him.

"Ahem." Niklaus glares at him causing Isaac to back away.

"S-Sorry." Isaac apologizes and glances at Rose who was now looking out the window her hand gripping tightly on her shirt.

"Brother look for a coffin please."
"Dad."
"Your father is only joking around." Elijah assures them as Isaac felt his heart drop only for a moment.

They soon arrived at their home and they all got out.

"S-So when can I get home? My dad might get mad."
"Easy answer, you won't." Niklaus tells him fixing his jacket.

"What?"
"You'll be staying with us from now on." Elijah tells him as Isaac looks at the two men.

"What?" He asks confused then realization hits him.

"Is that why he said that he doesn't wanna see me anymore?" He ask sadness taking a toll of him.

"You can always go back to him."
"No, no, it's just that...his the only family I have left, but...ever since my mother left us, he has been...hurting me, taking his anger out on me." Isaac tells them and Rose looks at both Elijah and Niklaus.

"We understand. We went through just the same but more differently." Niklaus tells him and Isaac wipes his tears away.

"Come on, we'll show you to your room." Elijah tells him as they both left leaving Rose and Niklaus alone outside.

"So, do you like the boy?"
"I don't know dad. This is all knew for me."
"Take your time Rosalina. Love isn't always easy and to haste your decision will only lead to hurt. You are still young, of course you'll be curious on what to do, but it is best to take things slow."
"Okay." She nodded smiling before hugging him which he returns. They pulled away and walked inside.

After dinner, Rose walks up to her room and sat down on her table taking out her notebook. She hears a soft knock on her window causing for her to stand up to see Derek. She opens her window and crawls out as Derek moves away.

"Okay, you really have tendency to do these things hm?"
"I just need answers. All I know is that your family is a thousand years old and they're vampires." He tells her as she sat down.

"Well, what do you wanna know?"
"Why did you move to Beacon Hills? Out of all the places."
"Cause all of us went everywhere and no matter where we go there's only trouble." She tells him.

"What trouble?"
"Can't say."
"Is it because of that vampire your dad and uncle captured?" He ask her and she looks at him and shook her head.

"Not just that."
"Fine, what else can I know about your family?"
"What do you wanna know?"
"Your a hybrid, what type?"
"Uh...can't say."
"More secrets."
"For my protection, yes."
"Your dad? I'm guessing his a werewolf vampire?"
"Yes." She nodded and before Derek could open his mouth, they heard voices from downstairs. Rose gets back into her room as Derek listens from her roof.

She runs out and downstairs to see her father, Finn, and Elijah putting on their coats.

"Dad? What's happening?"
"Police called, a woman claiming to be a Mikaelson is in the station. We're going to investigate."
"I'm coming."
"Stay, we do not know who this woman is and what she is capable of."
"But dad."
"Bon."
"Come on let them be." Bonnie came to her side and she sighs nodding her head.

"Be safe please."
"We will my dear." Elijah smiles before the three left the house.

"We need vampires protecting the perimeter of this house." Marcel grumbles as he takes his phone out and calls. Derek immediately jumps down from the roof and walk towards the trees. Isaac saw him from his bedroom window confused as to why he was near Rose's window.