chapter twenty one

She felt her eyes become lighter by the second, fluttering them open and yawning. It was earlier than she thought, finally getting some sleep that didn't end up with her being crucified in her dream, dreaming about her being a muggle instead; oh how easy that life seemed.

Putting her shoes on and braiding her hair, ruckus started to happen downstairs. Going down the stairs to see a fight breaking out, Nora stood around the younger children as they all watched Avery and Carrow beginning to fight each other. "Who's winning?" Nora asked Evan, leaning against the wall with him.

"Avery, but Carrow was asking for it." Evan said, gasping. Nora was quite intrigued, watching Damon punch Carrow right in the face, looking at the girl Carrow who screamed and tried to tell the boys to stop.

"Nothing like a morning fight." She scoffed, reaching ten galleons from her pocket to bet with Evan. The fight however didn't take long for Carrow to be smashed into the glass table.

"And ladies and gentlemen Avery wins again!" Nora laughs, clapping and laughing with everyone else, walking closer to the boy. "I am 0-4!" Avery adds, high-fiving Nora as she wiped it onto a random girls shoulder.

Grabbing her bag back from Evan, the two walked the corridors realizing they were without Atticus and Regulus. Nora had never been with the boy by himself, clearing her throat and looking anywhere but him.

"Awkward huh?" Evan stated, skipping a little bit.

"No no, I'm just confused because you're not hitting on me. Guess it's a new day for everyone." She joked, looking at Evan. The boy mocked a laugh, going up a few stairs ( already tired ) and making their way to the great hall, ignoring the annoying voice of her twin brother.

"I'll meet you in there." Nora sadly said, turning around and trying her best to not be rolling her eyes at her brother. "Ah good morning sister." Sirius smiled.

"Yeah morning; what do you want?" Nora said impatiently, pretending she was a clock. Sirius sighed for a moment, studying his hands into his pocket and biting his lip. "McGonagall was actually wondering if you'd tutor me in transfiguration, I'm sorta failing at the moment."

Nora had no doubt her brother was failing— due to lack of motivation, knowledge, participation, the list goes on. However Sirius has a very close friend who is smart, not to mention Evans is ahead of Nora at times in class, so why did he want his sister to tutor him?

"What's in it for me?" Nora crossed her arms, titling her head.
Sirius didn't know what to say, no realizing it was up for questioning. "Oh uh— I don't know. Help your own brother out?" He suggested. Not a good answer.

Nora thought about all the times Sirius could've helped out his sisters, now it may be because she grew up around suspicious parents, but agreeing to this commitment made her stomach go into knots. Regardless; her brother was a true Gryffindor at heart, not seeing eye to eye with his snake of a sister.

"I'll talk to McGonagall, goodbye." Nora said, giving him the cold shoulder he so deserved after yesterdays prank. "Oh come on! Your ankle was fine! If anything blame your lover boy!" Sirius exclaimed, shaking his head.

It was a normal day for Nora, until she and Betty walked down the stairs of the common room to find the place covered with balloons. Everyone was stunned and almost disappointed by this prank, until it was how they sounded when they popped; as everyone began to run, many tripped over the balloons that were filled with water somehow. Nora was one of those people.

"I don't care, I'll talk to her." Nora dismissed, saying a goodbye and walking. 'Course when has that ever stopped Sirius to not talk? Walking into the great hall and trying to ignore Sirius, Nora groaned and looked at her brother, putting her hand on his shoulder.