Chapter 11: Girlfriend

I was looked at by the doctor and she said that my wrist was sprained and to keep it wrapped tightly until it healed. The nurse gave me the prescription of some pain meds as I was discharged. Jax was by my side the whole time which was very sweet of him.

"What's a nice man like you doing here with me? Shouldn't you be home with your wife and kids?", I spoke with innocent interest but genuinely wanted an answer.

He chuckled at my not so subtle way of getting into his business.

We were walking down the hall of the hospital to get outside. I stopped us near the in hospital chapel that they had which was pretty neat for praying families. It just spoke on how small towns were about the needs of people in and out of the hospital.

"No wife. I have a son, though. 3 months old, Abel."

"Sweet. I guess I can consider you a DILF but I'm not crossing that line. Baby mama drama is not my style."

I joked about the DILF part but the baby mama part was completely true. I wasn't going to get in between that type of relationship especially since I didn't understand it.

"Oh really." He chuckled at my joke.

I shrugged.

"Look, Jax. Thank you for helping me and staying with me during this but I should probably get back to my mission," I wanted to hug him but it seemed too personal so I extended a fist with my good hand and he rolled his eyes but gave me a pound with that charming smirk of his. "Nice seeing you again."

A woman with dark hair and a doctor's coat walked past us and she gave me a look but turned her head when Jax looked at her. I raised a brow but ignored it.

"I'll be around, ok."

"Hey, hey! You, you,
I don't like your girlfriend,
No way, no way,
Think you need a new one,
Hey, hey! You, you,
I could be your girlfriend,
Hey, hey! You, you,
I know that you like me,
No way, no way,
No its not a secret!"

He gave my arm a quick comforting squeeze before he went to follow the doctor.

I felt my phone vibrating and answered the phone quickly.

"Martie! Help me. I'm down at the sheriff's station and they're trying to process me. They got the car towed by some jackass. Can you please bail me out?"

"I'm on the way."

I cursed softly as I realized that I was wearing heels and had no car to take me to the police station. Maybe if I found Jax before he left, I could catch a ride with him? So I went to look for him.

When I rounded the corner, I saw the woman from before yelling at him but he stood back just letting her get it off of her chest. I didn't mean to interrupt but we were in a town that we knew nothing about and I didn't want to be alone while my friend sat in jail.

"Jax?", I called softly.

He looked over and his eyes held something in them. I saw him turn back to the woman who was now glaring at me as if I had done something wrong. He touched her shoulder and gave her a kiss on the forehead. I saw the defeat on her face from the gesture.

"Hey. What's wrong?"

"My best friend is in jail and I have no idea where it is plus I'm wearing 5 inch heels with no car because some assholes towed it."

"I'm pretty sure I know where it was towed to, but let's go get your friend out of jail first," he led me to the exit of the hospital and I looked back at the doctor who tried to seem unbothered.