Chapter 2: Plans

Plans.

I have to have a plan in place if I am going to pull this whole finding me thing off. I need to have steps that are thought out and will work 100%. The first step in this whole ordeal is shedding this clingy suffocating anti-confidence exterior that is everything I am at the moment. I have to make up a plan that will no longer have me viewed as the youngest Finch brother. This will lead to me being known as myself, and from there I can do all the finding I want.

So, the only way to accomplish all this is to become popular.

Popularity would give me my own identity.

And, the way to get popular...a party. I would throw the best damn party ever. I would fucking go down in history books. And, maybe I could find a piece of myself there.

According to the media, the only way to throw an awesome party is to have drugs.

So, that's what I'm going to get.

The cool air causes goosebumps to rise on my skin, and I do my best to get rid of them as I run my hands up and down my arms.

I lean against the side of the house refusing to go back inside where it was warm in fear of having to watch my brothers make out. I was absolutely not going to watch them touch and pin and grind each other.

I mean it was really wrong to even consider wanting to watch my brothers tear each other's close off.

I bite down hard on my lower lip as images of them naked, bent over and inside each other drift into my head. I let out an irritated sigh.

These days it seemed like it was getting harder and harder to run away from the images. To find myself totally not horny when I was in a room with them. Or, not wishing that one of them would just touch me like they did each other.

No matter how much I wanted to deny it my brothers were fucking Sexy. And, pretty good at fucking from the sounds I heard coming from different parts of the house at times.

I couldn't join though. Not if I ever wanted to be my own person. If I joined I would forever rely on them. I would never want to leave. I would be stuck here, tied down by my heart. Like Hunter, Calloway, Augustus and Adair. Unable to leave my lovers.

I would permanently be stuck in the role of little brother. I couldn't that handle.

The sound of my phone ringing in my pocket slices through the chilly air, cutting off my thoughts as well. I fish the device out of my jeans reading the name that popped up on my screen.

Zachary Milton.

A.K.A the "oh you have two sons"?

He was the middle child in a family of four kids that were made up of prodigies and greatness.

He was a disappointment. A puddle of averageness that even when stepped in wasn't mistaken to belong to the family that produced only success.

His mother, a world renounced doctor and his father a big name business man had never produced anything that was not special, well until they had Zach. His family was rich, but not rich enough to buy Zach a talent that would qualify him as worthy in his family.

He was the only mess up in the family, the only honorable mention that even sometimes was forgotten. With his older brother in Yale's law school, and two younger twin sister's music prodigies that also happened to be academically gifted. He was caught in the sickly web of the middle child. Overshadowed and underappreciated no matter how hard he tried. No one knew exactly who he was when he showed up to anything or when he said his last name. He was lost in the sea of greatness and had nothing but averageness to hold onto. He got the "oh you didn't tell me you had four kids" signature followed by a forced laugh. He wasn't worth talking about or having a name either.