Fear Her

[Dame Kelly Holmes Close]

(The bunting is out for the 2012 Olympics in the brand new Stratford housing estate, and potholes are being repaired with new tarmac. Life moves on normally.)

POSTMAN: Morning, love.

WOMAN: Morning.

(The young mother pushes her pram past Tom in goal and his friend Dale kicking a football on the tiny front lawn while doting Dad washes the car.)

DALE: Yes!

WOMAN: Hiya!

TOM'S DAD: All right?

(On the lamp post is a missing persons poster - Jane McKillen. The scene is watched from an upstairs window by a young girl. An old woman wheels her shopping bag along the pavement nervously. The young girl's mother puts the rubbish out.)

TRISH: Maeve? Are you okay?

MAEVE: No, love, I'm not.

TRISH: Do you want me to call a doctor?

MAEVE: Doctor can't help. Can't you, can't you feel it, Trish?

TRISH: I can't feel anything.

MAEVE: Boys, get indoors! Get inside! Get them inside!

TOM'S DAD: What's up with you? They ain't done nothing wrong.

MAEVE: It's happening again!

(Trish looks up to her daughter's window then goes back inside number 53.)

[Chloe's bedroom]

CHLOE: (sings) Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree. Merry merry king of the bush is he. Laugh, Kookaburra, laugh, Kookaburra, gay your life must be.

(Chloe turns from the window and starts drawing on a piece of paper.)

[Dame Kelly Holmes Close]

MAEVE: They're not safe.

TOM'S DAD: They're in the garden.

MAEVE: That's what it likes. It likes it when they're playing. Get them in, I'm begging you.

[Chloe's bedroom]

CHLOE: Merry merry king of the bush is he. Laugh, Kookaburra, laugh, Kookaburra, gay your life must be.

(Chloe finishes her picture of Dale, with his Union Flag t-shirt.)

[Dame Kelly Holmes Close]

TOM'S DAD: It's all right. I've got my beady eyes on them. Come on.

MAEVE: But, I

TOM'S DAD: Come on.

(Tom kicks the ball into the goal, but Dale isn't there any more.)

MAEVE: No!

TOM'S DAD: Tom?

MAEVE: What are you?

TOM'S DAD: Where's he gone?

[House]

MAEVE [OC]: What do you want with our children??

(Chloe finishes the picture, and the boy on the paper runs forward, screaming silently.)

[Open ground]

(The Tardis materialises in the Tardis-sized gap between a pair of cargo containers. For once, she gets the door on the wrong side. The Doctor, Maddie, and Y/N can't get out.)

DOCTOR: Ah.

(They turn her ninety degrees while a train whizzes along the track between the open ground and the housing estate.)