Chapter 23: Forgiven

🖋You return like autumn, and I fall every time - faraway🖋

Niara's POV:

I groaned as turned in my bed. I did not want to get up today.

Mostly because I didn't want to see Killian, and I'm tired. It was hard to sleep last night because the only think I could think about was Killian eating dinner with Olivia.

I hate being insecure, me and him aren't even together...

Would it even be okay for us to be together? I mean.. my dad would probably want me to be with someone my age..

But Killian is the only person who has ever made me feel like this. And plus he's the most gorgeous human I have ever laid eyes on.

Second would have to go to Melanie Martinez, that woman is so attractive.

I was very close to dozing off to sleep before a small knock hit against my door.

Before I could say come in the door was already pushed open by Ms. Marie.

I slowly sat up in the bed, sending her a smile.

"Hi dear, Mr. Donovan called in sick so it looks like you have a free day" she says giving me a smile.

"Oh, I guess I can try to catch up on some of the work" I smiled back.

"Are you okay?" he eyebrows creased with worry.

"Yeah?" I replied, confused.

"Sorry, sorry.. I just never saw you willingly do school work" she chuckled.

I also gave a small laugh because she's right, I was never interested in school before Killian.

After a small chat with Ms. Marie I contemplated going back to sleep.

I'm relieved I don't have to see him today, but I'm also worried.

He didn't really do anything wrong..

I should text him.

I quickly grabbed my phone off the bedside table.

'Hey, are you okay?'

Not even a minute later my phone started vibrating and I quickly answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey" I was almost shocked to hear him sound so groggily. I guess he just woke up but man... his voice sounded insanely attractive, and his voice was already attractive.

"I heard you were sick.." I say.

"Not really sick, just hung over" he explained. "I was out pretty late last night."

"Oh.." I trailed off. "I hope you get better."

"Thank you, my love. How are you? I haven't seen you in a few days."

"I'm doing okay, it has been a few day huh.." I say the last part more to myself.

"Did you miss me?" he asks in a husky voice.