Chapter 52: Reconciliation

My head felt like clouds being swept away by the wind, swaying back and forth but I fought the urge to rest my head on the long, wooden table.

Dad's voice made my body run cold, "Maybe our future CEO will have a say to your proposition?"

I quickly sat up straight, their heads turned toward me like a spotlight shone down on me.

"Chloe?" Dad said and I felt anxiety electrify my body.

"Par-pardon?" I managed to stutter.

This is too much I want to go home and lay down in my bed.

Their attention now went towards a person in a royal blue suit. He fixed his rounded glasses and coughed. "We... we have decided to cap our majors at 40 if we are not able to fill the slots. If we get approval, we will consider removing the cap."

Shit.

What do I say-

I took a deep breath and came up with the best reply I could muster, "whether or not I prefer this decision, I support it and will not undermine it because it was arrived at openly, fairly and is the best solution for this company at this time."

Dad looked at me and smiled, the wrinkles on the side of his eyes visibly showing. The board members nodded along with him.

"Are there any comments regardi-"

My phone buzzed in my pocket and rang, stopping my dad from finishing his sentence.

"Excuse me." I smiled sheepishly and hurriedly went out the conference room.

*

"Gerard could you drive faster please?" I couldn't contain my excitement.

She's back, She's finally back.

"Do you think it would be creepy if I just go and kiss her or s-"

"It would definitely be creepy," He laughed, "Ask Madisson her, she'll say the same."

The redhead beside him turned and looked at me, her determined expression matched with a thumbs up, "You should totally go and kiss your girlfriend, homegirl."

Hearing the term made my whole face HOT.

"She's red!!" Madisson laughed loudly and slapped Gerard's shoulder, earning her a chuckle from him.

"We're not girlfriends..." I smiled, my fingers started playing with the hem of my shirt, the thought of us together making my cheeks hurt.

"You should apologize first." Gerard looked at me through the mirror.

Oh yeah-

OH SHIT-

Fear replaced giddiness, the red in my face disappeared, and my fingers left my shirt, putting its place on both side of my head.

"CAN YOU TURN BACK-"

"Are you sure Miss?" Gerard looked at me through the mirror again, a playful grin plastered on his dumb face.

"YES." I said in a heartbeat and he started to look at the nearest U-turn in the roadmap.

"WAIT NO-" I bit my fingernail.

"It's better to just go for it Chloe," Madission piped up, "to me it really looks like you want to meet her."

My leg started to bounce, "yes but-"

"No buts, no cuts, no coconuts." She said, cutting me off. "You agreed to me so there's that."

"You annoy me." I glared at her.

"Hopefully not too much." She turned to me and smiled. I just sank on my seat and apologized, I know she's just giving me a push...

The car stopped, "and we're here."

They left almost suddenly as I stepped out, laughing together like maniacs.

Well at least they look happy.

I stood in front of the house, even with it's sky blue color it intimidated me to the point that my stomach was turning.

"Okay Chlo you can do this," I muttered, Liz's nickname to me escaped my lips naturally, making me smile a little.

At least she's there safe and sound.

I walked towards the door and gulped, breathing deeply to calm myself down.

But muffled voices made my eyebrows scrunch together.

What's happening?

I knocked on the door and silence engulfed the other side, the knob slowly turned and I stepped back.

What's worse with the anxiety boiling inside me is that I didn't know what to feel with what I was seeing.

Tori opened the door for me, her eyes swollen and red just like when we last met, fresh tears flowing down her cheeks.

The door was slightly opened, revealing Liz with a man beside her, holding her things.

Her pained and scared expression looked straight at me through that tiny space, her face slowly draining in color.

"Chloe?"

------------------

Author's notes:

HELLO I'M BACK-

OKAY SO- I've been away for 4 days but it's for a reason! I'm making character profiles for every character, I'm planning to buy an xp pen 15.6 this September, my sister said it's her gift for me so yeah, art!

I love this book so much it's basically my baby, and so I want to express it in any way that I can.

Webtoon 😎

When I'm fully prepared to make one, I'll make this as that.

Because this wouldn't be happening if it were for you guys, I have a little surprise.

*Drumroll*

Eli in an outfit that Chloe would probably wear, you'll see Tori and Chloe's reaction on the bottom, I hope you'll be able to see who's who 😭

That's all bye bye :3