10

"You sure you don't want to sign up with me?"Thea asks as she gave me a small smile. I shook my head as I looked up from my laptop.

"I'm sure, plus I want you to make friends. Someone who isn't me. Go ahead and have fun. I'll be at the gala dinner though."I said as I gave her a small smile.

"Okay. Love you. I'll see you later."she says which made me nod and smile at her.

"love you too. Now go."I said which made her playfully roll her eyes at me before she made her way out.

I sighed as I grabbed my headphones and made my way out to go to the library.

Once I got to the library, I silent greeted the librarian as I made my way to look for books. I silently hummed to myself as I turned down my music and looked for a book.

Once I found a book I went to the lounge section of the library and began to read the book, to make sure that it was worth checking out.

"I love your fit."I look up and smiled at the girl.

"Thank you so much."I said as I gave her a smile, it got awkward so I looked back down at my book.

"Aren't you Thea's twin sister? Becca right?"she asked which made me look at her weirdly before I pushed my earphones down to my neck.

"No, my name is Mecca."I said as I gave her a small smile.

"Oh right. I am so sorry. It's nice to meet you. I'm Aqueelah."She said with a smile as she sat on the couch opposite me.

"That's a beautiful name."I said as I gave her a smile.

"Thank you."she said as she smiled back at me.

"You haven't heard about me from anyone?"she asked as she gave me a small frown.

"Uh, I don't think so. I'm sorry?"I asked as I shrugged my shoulders.

"I'm uh, JR's ex. Can you talk to him for me?"she said which made me look at her weird as I placed the book on my lap.

"Uh, Aqueelah? If you want to talk to him, you can talk to him yourself and this is just weird."I said as I stood up to place my book back in the shelf before I made my way out of the library.

"Wait, wait. Mecca. I'm sorry, I was really hoping we could be friends. I shouldn't have started the conversation that way."she said as she stopped me down the corridor.

"You're right."I said as I continued to walk away from her and made sure that I walked far enough to not see her, when I looked back I bumped into someone which made me drop my headphones.

"Damn."I said as I bent down to pick them up.

"Baby, who you running from?"I looked up to see JR looking back at me quite confused.

"Some girl named Aqueelah. She says she knows you."I said as I looked up at him which made him sigh heavily before rolling his eyes.

"What?"I asked as I looked up at him.

"She's my ex, baby."he said which made me nod my head slowly as I looked up at him weirdly.

"Um. I have to go see, Nate."I said as I gave a small smile before I stormed away from him.

I made it to the hall and I saw Nate with Thea.

"Hey sis."Nate greet as she gave me a smirk.

"Hi."I said as I gave them a small smile, she then frowned and gave me a concerned look.

"You okay?"Thea asked beating Nate to it.

"JR's ex just asked me to speak to him for her. JR told me that he doesn't have an ex. Why would he lie?"I asked as I looked up at them obviously quite confused.

"You want me to talk to him for you?"she asked as she rolled her eyes and placed her hand on her waist.

"Mecca."

"Jessie I don't want to talk to you right now. Not here."I said as I looked up at him.

"Let's take a walk then."he offered which made me nod at him before I looked back at Nate and Thea.

"Um, Mecca. You actually need to take your pills right now. Maybe later, JR?"Thea asked as she held my hand, JR nodded and walked away which made me hug Thea tightly.

"You gonna tell me what's going on?"she asked as she ran her hand on my back.

"JR lied to me and said he doesn't have an ex but he does."I muttered as I looked down at my feet.

"Sounds so trivial now that I'm saying it out loud. I'm sorry. Let me go apologise to him."I apologetically said but Nate stopped me.

"Hey, hey. Don't do that to yourself. Your feelings a very valid and don't ever forget it."She said as she held my hands which made me nod my head.

"Now, come on. Help us decorate this place. We have a dance tonight."Nate said as she handed me a box which made me nod.

We decorated for the ball for awhile before Thea and I left to go change. I told Thea to leave without me as I sat on my bed already dressed, I didn't even want to go to the dance anymore.

As I sat on my bed I heard a knock on my door which made me stand up and go answer it, that's when I saw Thea and Nate.

"Girl, come on. You can't be mopping here all night."Nate said as she handed me a tub of ice cream.

"You aren't answering your calls either."Nate said as she showed me her caller log where she showed me where she called me multiple times.

"I'm sorry."I mumbled as I gave her a small smile.

"Thea tells me you like, Proud Family. Let's go watch it."Nate offered as they held up blankets which made me laugh before I nodded and followed behind them.

We sat at the main area of our dorm and I felt a lot better, I did miss JR and I wish we danced together like he promised we would.

"Hey, you aren't reciting the script like you usually do."Thea said as she gently nudged me.

"I can't stop thinking about JR. He sounded like he was sorry and I just pushed him away. There are things that I haven't told him about myself that he had to learn about other people but when it's now my turn to learn stuff about him I do this."I mumbled as I looked up at the screen.

"You know, a little birdy told me that he is still at the hall."Nate said as she gave me a small smile.

"Go get him."Thea said as she smiled and nudged me a couple of times which made me place the blanket behind me before hugging them.

"Thank you. I love you both."I mumbled before I jogged towards the elevator.

I then walked to the hall and realised that it was empty which made me sigh heavily.

"Baby?"I turned around to see JR and I ran towards him before I hugged him tightly.

"I'm sorry, JR. I'm so so sorry."I mumbled in his shoulder as I hugged him tightly.

"No, Listen, baby I am sorry. I want nothing to do with Aqueelah I swear. I love you. I will never lie to you ever again."JR said as he placed his hand on my cheek.

"No more lies?"I asked which made him nod his head and he hesitantly held up his pinky, I giggled as I linked it with his.

"Let's dance. I did promise you a dance."he said as he took out his phone and played 'Fallen by Lauren Wood.' which made me giggle as I took his hand and placed my head on his chest before we began to sway to the music together.

I took my head off his chest and leaned in for a passionate kiss which he sank into immediately as he placed his arm around my waist.

"I love you."