Chapter 16 - Nostalgic Night by Victon

Side characters that appear for the first time/mentioned for the first time in this chapter plus their pronunciations.

Lee Hwan Yeong

     Lee Han Yawng

Wu Kyungbok

Wuh Chyung-bawk

In Solmi

In Sull-mee

Yun Hyungsik

Yoon Hyung-she

3859 words

Posted 8/26/22

The fact that she was here, in our lives, staying, and only a block or so away left me feeling beyond thrilled. While she was here in the dorm tonight I tried to do my best to follow along with everything she said, and for the most part I was able to understand a decent amount of the words spoken. The biggest problem I was having was that it didn't often completely come together into concrete concepts until after Gamon or Minsook translated for us. It was beyond frustrating. I was mentally kicking my own butt for not studying English as hard as I should have in school.

Instead, my mind had veered toward learning to play every instrument imaginable. Okay, that's definitely an exaggeration, and I would never berate myself about becoming so immersed into something so engaging that touched my soul and heart. It helped me keep my mind off of thinking about my Aunt's situation after all. Honestly, it was due to my psychiatrist's suggestion that I decided to pick up a hobby to help me cope with the darker thoughts of how my Aunt might not be getting everything she needed at her current assisted living facility. Well, I should be honest with myself. It was to help cope with the darker thoughts of my family in general.

During our trainee years originally Essentials Music didn't sort us into the groups that would later become Blaze, Alluvion, Silex, and Breeze. Instead we were originally divided up by our ages, including our living arrangements, which meant that I didn't end up with any of my current family during that time frame.

My group was composed of four others who were also born in 2000. Our dorm at that time consisted of only a single bedroom that we had to share. The rest of our shared living space included a single living area that acted as a living room, kitchen, and dining room in one, and of course a full bathroom.

In our bedroom situation, my assigned bed was the top bunk of a bunk bed I shared with Lee Hwan Yong, who's now a member of Silex. One night during that very first week I was woken up by Kyungbok-hyung. At that point though he wasn't solely my manager; during the early days of training he was the manager of all of the 2000s. I woke up confused, and not just because he didn't live with us. Apparently I was having a nightmare, and the reason Kyungbok-hyung was there was because Hwan Yong couldn't get me to wake up. According to him and the others I was keeping all the 2000s in the room awake with my tormented sounds and erratic movement. It's a good thing that Kyungbok-hyung was called though, because that's the moment that everything changed in my life once again.