Chapter 64

Angelina

Right now, Theo and I are in the car, driving home.

There is utter silence in the car. It has been a good fifteen minutes since we got into the car and Theo started driving but none of us spoke a word yet.

Theo seems to be in an extremely bad mood and he has a deep frown etched on his face.

I don't know why I'm not speaking.

Maybe because somewhere in my heart I'm scared about Theo's reaction if I start speaking now.

It has not always been like this.

Even when I had done a mistake, I wouldn't have been scared of Theo's reaction because though he might state his disapproval and might scold a little, he still forgives and supports me at the end of the day.

But now, I don't know what to expect.

And the fact that though my brain is realizing the growing distance between us and my heart is not is even more painful.

Sigh.

I don't even know since when did I start fearing about Theo's reaction who had been the sweetest brother among all, even more than Ace.

This time, I don't know if what happened was my mistake. Because I was not the one who called that black eyed guy and I was not the one who followed him, so this is not my mistake.

Right?

Right!

So, what am I scared of?

Theo's reaction?

I scoffed internally.

I should face it rather than trying to avoid it.

I looked to the side, at Theo, who by the way is driving the car with utmost seriousness and a clenched jaw. A few times, he is holding the steering wheel so tight that his knuckles are turning white.

I gulped.

Why is he so angry?

I shook my head a little and took a much needed long breath.

"T-Theo", I stuttered in a low voice.

I kicked myself internally for stuttering. 

Why in the world did I stutter!

He didn't respond.

I cleared my throat to speak loud and clear.

"Theo", I called him in a normal voice.

He clenched his jaw even more tighter, if that is even possible.

"Theo", this time I called him a little louder.

"What is it, Angelina?", he asked in a very flat tone.

I frowned at his tone.

Theo never used that tone on me before!

And he uses my full name only when he is really angry or upset which happens very rarely.

"Why are you angry?", I asked.

"You tell me why.", he said in the same emotionless flat tone.

My frown went even deeper.

"How should I know?", I questioned back.

"You don't know?", he asked with a raised eyebrow and his voice went an octave lower.

I bit my lip. 

Why is he getting angrier?

"As far as I know, nothing highly unusual happened there except you punching that guy in the center of a clinic.", I said with a frown.