Chapter 97: Old Enemies Reunion

Appearing before the dorm room and double-checking with the surveillance department that 682 had not left the room, White glanced at the three recruits that had followed him.

White: You guys stay out, I'll scout first.

According to his predictions, the moment he would step into the room, the first he would see would be the corpses of the people that used to stay in that room.

He had already asked the surveillance team beforehand so he knew exactly how the people inside of the room looked like.

Not that it mattered since he was going to incapacitate anyone present in the room.

The only reason he wanted to go first was that, aside from keeping the recruits safe, he wanted to keep the artifact that could change appearance to himself.

Having witnessed 682's journey all the way from the lab, White knew about the capabilities of the artifact, and without a doubt, it wasn't a simple artifact.

He knew it was some sort of technology, while it looks simple and seems you could buy it in a small grocery store, its capabilities could rival the capabilities of other artifacts similar to it, maybe even better than those shapeshifting races, Doppelgängers.

To White's eyes, it's not a simple artifact or technology, it is his treasure, and he needed to get his hands on it at all costs. The closer he got to it, the greedier he became.

This was the main reason why he didn't directly capture 682 back when he first saw him. The same could be said about the current situation.

Had he been a more rational person, they would've been able to capture 682 by now, but White was not in a rational state.

All he could think at the moment was the artifact.

*Clink!*

Taking out his key card and scanning it, the door unlocked.

Upon unlocking the door, without wasting time and opening the door to the room, the first thing White saw was an individual standing in the middle of the room holding a cigarette kit which is none other than the artifact he mostly wants.

With one guard beneath his feet and the others scattered around the room dead, the person standing in the middle of the room did not move.

White: I've got you now, 682.

Staring at the artifact, without wasting any time, White dashed towards 682.

*Bang!*

Tackling him with his shoulder, 682 crashed against the other side of the wall. The artifact fell onto the floor and 682's back directly smashed against the wall as dust flew in the air.

Briefly glancing in the direction of where 682 was and making sure he was knocked out, squinting, White lowered his head and stared at the artifact that was by the side of his feet.

Lowering his body, he grabbed it and checked its status.

White: So this is the artifact that allows you to change appearance without activating it with mana? Interesting, no wonder you were able to make it this far.

The more he looked at the Artifact, the more amazed he became.

Despite being a commander, he was only in strength. He never actually owned any strong artifact, like the one that he was holding.

Lifting his head and staring at 682, the undisguised greed in White's eyes became obvious as his face twisted savagely. 'From this moment onwards, this is mine now.' he muttered inside of his mind.