The war of words

Rose's pov

I wake up to look up at a beautiful chandelier. Wondering why the hell do people have them in rooms when it's not even needed? On one hand there are people in villages who barely get electricity for the basics. And see these rich people. Having them just for the so called decor and ambience.

Shut up Rose! Have you hit your head or what?

Stop talking nonsense. But wait. I was actually right. There should be equality in this world.

Shaking my head before I go deep into this though.I blink my eyes to adjust to the light. Moving my hands, I find my fingers brushing against soft silken sheets.

Wow! So soft!

But wait! Where am I? Where is this place... why does it look familiar. I cannot afford to stay on a 5 star hotel.

And that's when I remember seeing those cold grey eyes and I gulp. Shooting up from the bed. The corner of my stomach erupts in a sharp pain but I ignore it.

Staggering to the door when I stop near the switch board. Looking up at the beautiful chandelier which was on. The thought stuck to my mind.

Agh! Damn it! Just switch it off then!

I finally did. To be only surrounded by darkness. Damn man! Why can't he have a normal bulb here.I switch it on again. Then off. Then on, off. Agh what do I do!

Be selfish or think about Mother nature?

" What are you doing?"

His low yet confident voice made me settle with the on button. Gulping, I dare to look back.There he stood at the threshold in all his glory. With arms folded in front of his chest. A tailored suit adoring his tall well built frame and eyes narrowed wondering what I was up to.

He will declare me crazy , I am telling you.

Pulling back my hand. I take it back to rub my hair. Smiling awkwardly at Sir Victor.

" Nothing.... I just.... "

" Get back to the bed."

His voice was serious almost sounding angry. Eyes narrowed at me and I just shrug my shoulders at him.

" You need not worry. I am so sorry for yesterday. Wait where are my manners. I forgot to thank you. Thank you so much for your help Sir but I guess I should not trouble you with my unwanted presence anymore.I should get going -"

" Get back on the damned bed Princess. "

His tone made me shudder. He was in the no fuck mood and I bite my lip contemplating . Rubbing my neck awkwardly. Trying to calm his raging bull.

" No seriously Sir you did enou-"

"Now!!!"

I flinch as he roars. My feet moving on their own accord. To settle on the mattress. Damn man. He was looking too hot when he is angry. Those smouldering eyes could make anyone's heart skip a beat.

Pulling on a chair from its handrest to place it beside my bed.He props down on it. His expensive cologne encasing my senses.

" What were you doing at 3 o clock at night. Alone at a deserted street?"

He asks placing his elbows on his either knees , that were wide apart in a domineering stance. Voice cold as ice, enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Feeling the air to be too suffocating and his aura too dangerous. I tried to crack a joke. Tried. Note my words.

" A late night stall ? The whether was nice, no ? Mr Kingston. I thought you came for one too."