Chapter 9: Drop dead gorgeous

A/N: Sep 24, 2022

Hey everyone! Last update of the month, thank you for being patient 😊

I'm consistently updating another one of my books, "My Lovely Roommate." A new chapter has been released today if you'd like to check it out!

" A new chapter has been released today if you'd like to check it out!

✏✏✏

Oliver was not happy when he found out that we were at a barbershop. He begrudgingly sat in the chair, his arms crossed over his broad chest. He was giving me the silent treatment. He wouldn't even turn my way. I apologized, telling him that it was for the interview, but he raised his hand and said, "Talk to the hand."

The barber put a photo album on his lap and asked him which haircut he'd like.

"Shave it all," Oliver said. "I want to go bald."

My eyes widened. "No!"

"Then give me a Mohawk. I bet I'd rock that."

Whether the pun was intentional or not remained a mystery to me. I quickly took the album and smiled stiffly. I flipped through it and found a more conventional haircut.

"How about we go with this one?" I suggested. It was a curtain fringe.

"I'm thirty two and you want me to look like a high schooler?"

I pursed my lips. "Hmm, what about this one?"

It was an undercut with short textured hair. I honestly didn't know what would look best on him since I didn't know what his face shape looked like. It would be easier if I could see his face and not his beard.

"I'd like to shave my head," he said.

I looked at the barber who seemed perplexed. I pointed at a different haircut and said, "He'll go with this one."

"No, mother," Oliver said, and I snapped him a look. He remained indifferent.

"So we'll go with the undercut?" The barber asked, referring to the photo I chose.

"Yes," I blurted before Oliver could.

"What about the beard?" the barber asked.

"I'd like to shampoo it," Oliver replied, stroking his beard pensively. "What conditioner do you use? I have quite sensitive hair."

Camilia texted me saying that it would be best if Oliver shaved his beard. I honestly didn't see the problem with his beard. Sure, there was a lot of... hair, but there was nothing wrong having one. Camilia begged me and said that he needed to shave it for this interview and that he could grow it back if he wanted.

"What if we shaved it?" I suggested nervously. This time, Oliver was the one who stabbed me with a death glare.

"The beard stays."