Chapter 38

Y/N POV

I walked through the front door feeling stiff.

Dinner was going well, the food was tasty, and as usual the conversation was nice. But when I mentioned that I needed to go, it seemed like Lucas's attitude changed completely.

He was still being polite, but it seemed so... forced. It was like he was furious, or annoyed, or just mad underneath, but he kept up the facade of being nice and friendly. I felt so uncomfortable, did I annoy him somehow?

"Y/NNNNN!!" Jimin came running.

He crashed into me and hugged me tightly. I tried to walk in but he was holding me so tight with his feet planted firmly on the ground.

"You're not leaving us for that guy are you?" Jimin whispered into my neck.

"W-what?? Jimin, no!" I half laughed, although it did make me sad that they were always worried that I would leave them at the drop of a hat.

I managed to push him forward so that I could get into the living room. Hobi and Yoongi were snuggled together on the couch watching The Avengers, a half eaten bowl of popcorn sitting on their laps.

Jimin finally released me from his hug, but only to grab my hand and pull me onto the couch. He pushed me next to Yoongi, then sat on the other side of me. Immediately, he curled up into my side, resting his head on my shoulder, both his arms holding tightly onto my arm.

"What kind of hybrid does he have?" Yoongi said as he wrinkled his nose.

"He has an albino cobra," I noticed Hobi shiver.
"He's so stunning I should have taken a photo!" I huffed at myself in annoyance.

The boys were suddenly quiet, Jimin tensed up next to me.

"Obviously he wasn't as cute as you guys though!" I quickly added. "He has nothing on you, you're my favourites"

Jimin relaxed a little bit, but Yoongi was still wrinkling his nose.

"Sorry, is his scent strong? He was wrapped around my feet during the whole dinner"

"He stayed in his animal form the entire time?" Hobi leaned forward to look at my face in surprise.

"W-well, yeah...." actually that was kind of weird now that I thought about it. "Maybe he was too shy to show his human form..."

I sat there in silence, suddenly getting a bit weirded out by the whole evening. Taehyung didn't shift at all, even when we were sitting, eating dinner. Lucas said he had already fed him his special diet, but it seemed a bit weird that he couldn't even sit with us or have a drink or something.

Maybe he really did need a very specific diet, and there was no point in him being human to eat or drink anything? But then again, Lucas said that he was excited to meet new people, surely he would want to talk to them then? But maybe he was shy...

Thinking about all of this was making me tired, so I leaned on Yoongi and closed my eyes. My mind decided to worry about Jin now, and so that was all I could think about for the remainder of the movie. I really hoped he was ok, him and his hybrid. I wondered if I would see him again?

After what only seemed like a few minutes, I felt a large hand gently shaking me, whispering something about going to bed. Was the movie already finished??

I must have been taking too long to respond, because I suddenly felt two strong arms picking me up. I yelped a little, not used to being carried like this, and flung my arms around a neck, which turned out to be Yoongi's.