Vigilante Nocturne

"Toga?" he whispered, once his old classmates were out of earshot.

"I'm here," her voice came over his headset. "You lose them?"

"Yeah, they're out tracking me somewhere," he said, stifling another chuckle. "Any sign of Dabi or any of the League?"

"None," she said sadly. Izuku sighed.

"Who are the heroes in the front?" he asked after thinking for a while.

"According to your phone, Uravity, and Anima," she read.

"Only heroes in training," Izuku realized. "Not fully established heroes yet. I think it's some kind of new internship program or something, Second years launching a raid on their own. Which explains why Dabi wasn't there."

"What do you mean?" Toga asked. Over the course of planning this, she'd gotten better at sussing out what the heck Izuku was saying whenever he started muttering.

"This would never be allowed with higher-level villains like Dabi, which means that we were at a bar for low level villains," he explained. "Dabi would never have been here, at least not tonight."

"Oh. Sorry,"  Toga apologized. "I thought-"

"You don't have anything to apologize for, Toga," Izuku responded quickly. "You at least gave me something to work with. Anything's better than nothing."

"Thank you, but I don't think I helped much."

"Any other bars he frequented?" he asked, hopefully.

"I think so, he drank a lot," she said, casting her mind backwards. It seemed like she had some good memories. That made sense to Izuku. The League was the closest thing she had to a family, from what she'd told him.

"When was the last time he was seen in public?" Izuku asked, shaking himself from his thoughts, and beginning to climb back up to the roof.

"Give me a second..." she said, pausing to search online using Izuku's phone. "When he fought All Might three or so months ago. He escaped with Kurogiri's help though."

Izuku lost his grip and fell down a fair amount before regaining his grip on the wall.

"Fought who?!" he nearly shouted.

"...All Might? Oh, that's right, you don't know," he heard Toga realize. "All Might came out of retirement two months after you left," she explained.

"Of course he did," Izuku muttered. He wasn't sure how he felt about this piece of news. "Let's hope we don't run into him tonight."

"Agreed."

"Give me a list of all the bars Dabi went to, and any other locations he frequented."

"Right. Also, your mom is calling you."

"What?"

***

'Shouldn't he have given One for All to Mirio?' asked Nana's voice as Izuku ran along the rooftops. Toga was following not too far behind, the skills she'd picked up as a villain being put to use.

'Well, the quirk doesn't go away immediately,' Midoriya offered an explanation. 'It fades with use. Maybe he's rationing himself out a lot more?'

'From what you've told us, this 'Mirio,' or Lemillion, is Nighteye's protégé,' Urbosa started slowly. 'And this Nighteye, is All Might's old sidekick, and they had a falling out?'

'That's accurate,' Izuku confirmed, and Urbosa let out a sigh of relief.

'Honestly, I don't know how you manage to keep all these names straight,' she mumbled, before getting back to her point. 'Anyway, wouldn't there have been some pushback from Nighteye?'