Chapter 82: Modern Day Life Graduation Trip Part Sixteen

A/N: Let the fight roll on!!! Here's chapter 82!! Please enjoy!!!

"That's enough, villain!" Subaru and Emilia, pointing at Hihara, shouted in unison, and beside Subaru, Antonella made a swift step forward and threw two pouches in the air. The pouches momentarily caught Hihara's attention, and he looked up at the pouches unravel themselves and spread out the contents. Some form of powder quickly diffused across the hall, engulfing the crowd it a faint purple smokescreens, and one by one, the students and teachers dropped to their knees, their heads drooped and their eyes half-opened. All of this happened within seconds, and before Hihara reacted, the crowd in front of him was leaning against each other, asleep already. "Yosh! We've put them to sleep!" Subaru exclaimed as he balled his hands into fists, running toward Emilia, Ram, and Beatrice with Rem beside him. The three girls were not affected thanks to Beatrice's quick reflexes.

Kishitsuji sensei and Antonella also rushed to them, looking perplexed that they didn't fall to the floor as the others did. Hihara, whose eyes were widened, was rendered speechless for a few moments, apparently shocked at how they countered what he was going to do as if already knowing his next steps. While Hihara was still numbed by shock, Kishitsuji sensei glanced at the sleeping crowd and found Matsushita sensei, sitting on the floor and leaning against a chair. "Sorry you have to be the one put to sleep..." He muttered, and in these few seconds as he made the apology wordlessly, Hihara regained his cool. "Alright, it appears that I have underestimated you, Antonella Merlo. Apparently, your abilities have grown in your exile. But no matter, you just made the time before your inevitable demise come sooner. You have made a grave mistake here." Hihara said, his hands in his pockets. Iwasaki Iris, once again, was not affected, likely because she was on the stage beside Hihara and was outside the range of Antonella's powders. She reached out a shaky hand at Hihara and clutched his sleeve.

He spared her a look. "Hands off me, now." He said coldly, and Iwasaki looked dumbfounded to find that his attitude toward her had changed one hundred and eighty degrees. A few minutes ago when she finished her performance, he was still smiling at her, holding his arm around her shoulders, but now, he glared at her as if she was some leftover food rotting in the garbage. "W-What is going on now?! What do those people want from you!? What—" Her words were cut off as he swung his leg at her. Subaru felt the hair on the back of his neck stand up as he remembered how Hihara had abused her last time. He wasn't feeling much pity for her, instead, he was disgusted by how twisted Hihara was. The kick this time, however, was not directly in her face but in her midriff, forcing her to let go of him and fall to the floor. She whimpered and stared up at him in utter disbelief and fear. "You, I will deal with later." He spatted and turned back to face the seven people in front of him, tilting his head left and right and squaring his shoulders. His arms twitched a little, but his hands still remained hidden in the pockets.

Smirking, Hihara spoke again. "Sensei, I'm sorry that you are standing there. You have my respect, but we say goodbye here. Blame your bad luck." He said. "Hihara-kun!?" Kishitsuji sensei shouted, but before anyone else reacted, Antonella was already extracted herself from the group, charging at Hihara and throwing her whole body at him. Indistinguishable shouts came from all directions and more movements followed as everyone else ran after her, trying to hold her back. Why everyone got so agitated was obvious enough. There were two loud bangs as Hihara pulled his hands out his pockets. Two bullets pierced Antonella's good figure, and blood splattered on the floor. "Hah, fool." Hihara said with a cold laugh, but he stopped after observing what was happening before him, so did everyone else. Antonella was bleeding badly, but she didn't fall nor did she show any signs of pain. She was simply brought back by the impact of the two shots, and bringing herself back up, she charged again, this time knocking Hihara off balance successfully. A few more gunshots filled the hall, but Antonella remained silent as she pinned him to the floor and punched him across the face.