Shinobu x Reader

Peeking around the corner, I held my breath in anticipation. No one to be seen. She was somewhere around here and I wasn't keen on bumping into her. Seeing the coast was clear, I hesitantly stepped forward, my head swiveling around once more. I quickly and quietly sprinted down the hallway, stopping at the next corner.

This was taking forever, I needed to be quicker before she realized I was gone. My head slowly popped around the wall seeing more emptiness, not a single person in sight. It was a little odd but I continued along nonetheless. No sounds, not even a shuffle broke the silence.

I reached my destination, stopping in front of a door. Placing my ear on the wood, I listened intently for any indication that someone was on the other side. More silence called back. I reached out and grasped the doorknob, turning it quietly and slipping inside. Finally! I made it into the kitchen.

A breath of relief and I ran to the cupboards, rattling around and scavenging for the desserts. I hadn't been allowed any sweets the past few days and it was time that I made up for it. Throwing open a few more doors I found the hidden stash in the uppermost cabinet, high enough where I had to climb onto the counter. My side ached in protest but that wasn't going to stop me as I felt my bandages strain under the pressure. I'd be dead if she found me up here.

Balancing so I didn't fall, I quickly snatched the sweets, ripping open its packaging and popping the sugary treat into my mouth. Mission successful! I practically melted at the savory taste, thanking any god for their mercy in bringing me salvation. I greedily snatched the other chocolate bars, stuffing them in my pants in order to hold all of them while also stuffing my face. There would be no stopping me now!

She stopped me.

The door flew open with a bang, startling me into dropping the rest of the snacks. They clattered onto the ground as we stared each other down. Even though I was higher up her glare bore into my soul.

"Well this is awkward," I muttered. Shinobu gave me an irritated smile, taking the most menacing step I've ever seen in my direction. My eyes widened in fear before I quickly grabbed the remaining desserts and darted to the edge of the counter. I would've made my escape but socks on whatever material this was made me slip.

I had just enough time to mourn my body, soul and snacks before my shoulder connected with the ground with a sickening crack. I hissed at the new pain, flaring through my arm and neck.

"You are such an idiot." I glanced up at the beautiful woman standing over my broken body, her purple eyes scorching and a passive aggressive smile playing on the edges of her lips.

I whined in defeat and displeasure, gingerly using my other arm to fish the rest of the candy bars out of my pants, holding them up to her grudgingly. She snatched the bars out of my hand, smacking it to ensure more pain. I flinched at the action, realizing fully that I messed up. Planting my hands firmly on the ground I slowly lifted my body in an agonizing attempt. Gripping the edge of the counter I wobbled onto my feet, facing my nurse, and partner.

"Sorry Shinobu," I pouted. A sharp smack to my head left me crying out. "OUCH! Jeez, will you quit that!" She gripped my bare shoulder harshly and yanked me closer to her face. I might've blushed if I wasn't terrified at her expression. I tried to untangle her fingers from my skin but her grip was like steel.

"You are supposed to be resting, would you mind telling me what lack of thoughts brought you in here, climbing a counter no less," she cooed. I froze, the fear holding my body and mind in place.

My eyes shot to the ground in disappointment and shame. I should've been resting. The last mission I was sent to complete left me clawing for life. A large gash now adorned my side and continually reminded me of its presence with a constant stinging sensation. My ribs had healed but were still tender along with my spine. Bruises peppered my face, legs and arms; somehow they haven't healed yet. Looking at it now, it was irresponsible of me to be out of bed, even if my sugary sweets god was calling for me.

"I'm really sorry. There's no acceptable excuse for my behavior," I bowed quickly showing my sincerity. That seemed to relax her tension a bit as she cupped my face, her expression softening. Both hands rested on my face gently, pulling me closer. She placed a sweet kiss on my forehead making my face grow hot. My mind spaced as she leaned back, observing my expression with satisfaction.

"How about we get you back to bed and maybe if you behave I'll patch up your shoulder you stupid boy," she offered cheerily. I smiled back tiredly, the exhaustion flooding my body all at once. Nodding once, she grabbed my hand and we slowly walked back to the room.

Glancing at her occasionally on our walk back, I praised her features and her kindness. I've known Shinobu for years, we met a while back when I first became a demonslayer and she had sought for an assistant while she explored more poisons. I was sent to accompany her as part of a sort of apprenticeship but it had quickly blossomed into a crush. She was welcoming, kind and badass all at once and she managed to steal my heart very quickly. We grew closer until I managed to confess and here we are now.

Squeezing her hand, I smiled at the memories fondly. Shinobu pushed open the door that we had arrived at and ushered me inside while grabbing a sling. Carefully and skillfully she wrapped the arm I had fallen on and slipped the sling over my shoulder, her fingers grazing my skin making me shiver.

I leaned back once she was finished, sighing in relief. The bed fell slightly as she curled up next to me making me blush brightly. She looked at me and smirked knowingly, clasping my hand in hers and curling closer into my side.

"I figured I'd rest here to make sure you didn't sneak out again," she whispered into my ear. I shook my head slightly before turning to my side and wrapping my arm around her. She smiled back, throwing one arm around me as well.

I kissed her forehead quickly as sleep called for me, even more so than the desserts. My eyes drifted closed with the last image I saw being of shimmering lavender eyes gazing lovingly at me.