- Search -

The bell rings throughout the store and a man walks in, catching the attention of Ms. Beckett who was sitting at the front desk waiting for a certain curly haired boy.

"Mr. Kate, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Ms. Becketts voice was soft, she was hoping to cheer the poor man up.

Franklin sends her a small smile before walking to the desk. He was holding papers in his hands.

Missing persons posters.

Holding one out to her, Franklin nods his head at the poster. "Could you maybe put this up?" He asks.

Ms. Beckett nods immediately, softly taking the photo of Marilyn from his hand. "Of course." She whispers.

She turns around and pins it onto the board behind her back, looking over the photo of Marilyn.

"She looks beautiful in this photo." The lady says and Franklin nods.

"Thats my little girl." He says, trying to sound happy. But the saddened look in his eyes tells Ms. Beckett otherwise.

"They'll find them Franklin." She whispers.

The man nods, clenching his jaw. He knows They'll find his children. Alive? He's starting to lose hope on the scenario.

"Yeah," He clears his throat. "I'm going to start knocking on people's doors later today. The police are useless." He says.

Ms. Beckett sends him a smile before an idea clicks in her head as the bell at the front door rings once again, a familiar blond teenager walking through and heading right to the Pinball machine.

"Vance!" The woman calls, causing the boy to turn around with an annoyed look.

"Yes?" He asks with attitude. He just wants to play pinball. Get his mind off things.

"Watch your tone boy." The woman says and Vance sighs, making his way over to the man and woman.

"Sorry." He mutters before looking at the two confused.

"Vance, you know Mr. Kate right?"

Vance nods at the woman's obvious question.

Ms. Beckett smiles before leaning her palms on the counter. "He needs help going to people's homes. I'm sure you know the reason." She says.

Vance clenches his jaw.

He knows the reason.

"What does this have to do with me?"

Ms. Beckett roles her eyes. "You're helping him." She says in a thats final tone.

Vance looks at Mr. Kate before looking back at Ms. Beckett. "Fine. When?"

Franklin smiles lightly before patting Vances exposed shoulder. "Thanks son. Put a shirt on won't you? You shouldn't be wearing singlets on this type of day."

Vance shrugs.

He likes the cold. He likes showing his muscles off. He doesn't give a shit what kind of weather it is.

Franklin holds out his arm to shake the boys hand, waiting for a reply.

Vance looks at the hand before slowly raising his own and shaking the man's arm.

Mr. Kate sends him a nod. "Firm grip you have there—" The man cuts himself of when he looks down at Vances wrist, spotting a familiar piece of jewelry.

"Where did you get that?"

Vance looks down confused before spotting the necklace around his wrist and thumb. "Oh– I uh..." This was the first time Vance had ever felt nervous about something. This necklace belongs to the mans missing daughter. Who knows that he'll think.