Chapter 5 -

Lucy POV -
When I arrived home, I noticed Bella was home as well. Knowing dad was at work, I made my way straight to my room. On my way to my room, I sent a text to Jasper letting him know I was home. Jasper quickly let me know that he'd be here later. That gave me a few hours to do school work without distractions (cough cough, Jasper).
No more than a few hours went by when dad came home. Deciding to go downstairs to see my dad and ask him what he wanted for dinner. I left my room only to see Bella directly outside my door. Creepy.
"Jesus Christ Bella, you scared the shit out of me. Why are you standing outside my door like a creep?" I ask her trying to keep my heart rate down.
"Why didn't you tell me about Victoria? Huh? We are supposed to be sisters," Bella asks me while getting increasingly angrier.
I look at her with a shocked look on my face. How could she pull the sister card when we haven't been acting like sisters for ages.
"Sisters? Bella we may be sisters by blood. But that is the only thing connecting us. As far as I am concerned, I have no obligation towards you," I say walking away from her before she can say anything back.
Arriving downstairs, dad could see that something had annoyed me, but when he asked what the matter was, all I had to say was "Bella," and nothing more needed to be said. I went into the kitchen to grab my dad a beer and myself a can of Cola.
"Where's Jasper?" Dad asked.
"He'll be here later," I replied. We sat and watched T.V together until Jasper came barrelling through the front door.
"Somethings wrong," he said looking around before heading upstairs. Me and dad looked at each other before following Jasper upstairs.
"Jasper what's going on." I questioned him, worried.
"Someone's been here. I don't recognise their scent,"
"Here? As in here in the house?" I asked. Jasper just nodded and as he was heading into my room, Bella came out of her room.
"What's going on?" Bella asked pushing past me and dad. Jasper ignored her and turned to where me and dad were standing.
"Someone was here," Jasper says cryptically. Jasper quickly calls over the Cullens and tells them what's going on. Emmett and Lizzie quickly run to track the scent.
"It seems as if a nomad was here, it the question is who?" Carlisle says.
"It can't be the Volturi, I've been watching their decisions," Alice says.
"What about that Victoria girl you've been chasing?" Dad questions. This catches Bella's attention.
"WHAT!? DAD YOU KNOW. SINCE WHEN?" She screams. The Cullens wince at the volume and before anyone can say anything Emmett and Lizzie came back.
"The scent disappeared about five miles away," Emmett told us. After some discussion, Carlisle called up Sam to let him know.
It was coordinated that the Cullens and the Pack would watch over us in shifts. I hated the idea of this, but I know it is for our safety. Everyone soon left, of course Jasper stayed, and dad sent us off upstairs.

When me and Jasper made it into my room, we got a second of quiet before Bella came barging in.
"Why does dad know? Huh? God you are so selfish. The Volturi will kill him," Bella says with fake worry. I know she is more pissed at the fact that there was one more person in her way of immortality.
"The Volturi gave special permission for dad to know, so go away," I said completely drained from not only todays events but from Bella in general. Bella left speechless and no doubt pissed.
"I hate how much danger everyone will be putting themselves in to keep me, dad and Bella safe," I said to Jasper. I was feeling dejected and wanted all this drama to go away.
Jasper gently grasped my hands and said "Everyone has a choice, and we are choosing to protect you. I will do what it takes to keep you and your father safe." I spent the rest of the night airing out my concerns with Jasper, and he reassured me that everything would be okay.