𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔 → 𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐑

Heartwarming idea from @A-Pastel-Unicorn !!

💚

Glum clouds prevented any sunlight from breaking through and shedding any brightness to the dull street below that craved just a blink. Their grey shade mimicked the gloomy mood choking each late summer breeze, the main character in our story being infected by this muggy misery the most.

(Y/n) kicked a pebble to the pavement, hands sagged in the pocket of her hoodie embroidered across the stomach. She breathed out a groan, her sneakers barely lifting with each sombre step and simply shovelling the grains of stone like a snow removal truck to a road.

She squinted up to the sky that somehow remained luminous, no restriction of intensity from the clouds that seemed to be absorbing the rays but darkening in shade. She shrugged off any chance of rain, and dismissed any concern towards being soaked to the core in just a few minutes from the refreshed scent already alive in the air like precipitation had already passed.

Today had been just perfect! It had been strangely steamy all day, the outside world feeling more like being trapped in a sauna. It didn't help (Y/n)'s headache that knocked through her skull the moment she opened her eyes in the morning, the thought of starting at a new school seeming ridiculous until it became a reality.

She felt nauseous all the way there, having to keep a hand to her stomach and earphones blasting musical therapy through her throbbing head while the bus wiggled down the bends in the road. It felt like hours later, and the day didn't progress quite as smoothly as (Y/n) had fantasised to soothe herself to sleep the night before.

Classes simply made her brain ache more. She never imagined a mundane emotion like boredom to be the one to drive her so insane, the lessons not exactly focusing on a specific subject but rather being what every introverted student dreads on the first day of the new year.

Those foreboding individual introductions, of course! Dumped at the back of the room at a desk solely curated for herself, (Y/n) didn't notice anyone with a spark of interest towards her statements, not like that was what she wanted. Although she did want to at least make a few acquaintances and perhaps even friends, but neither bonded with success.

Time outside of the blazing hell of a classroom hadn't ended up being sculpted well either. She lost count how many impolite sniggers and intrusive shoves attacked her heart sinking to her feet and her shoulders practically aching from the continuous impacts. Sadly, (Y/n) had to admit she quite hadn't hit it off with anyone...

Lazily, she kept sweeping the path clean of any rogue stones dotted over the sleek route back to her new home as of just a few days ago. She took another sigh, drearily watching nothing but her sorry shoes with too much on her mind to handle. She still wasn't familiar with her new town, blaming her unfamiliarity of the area for why she missed the bus back home.

(Y/n) missed her old town, and her old friends. She snatched her phone from her pocket, her fingers playing with the interior stitches of the (h/c) hoodie's fabric tapping the device and activating an instinct in her mind. She checked for any messages, her friends promising to stay in touch, but not a single "hello" had even been sent since her departure.

She sighed again, sliding her phone away and adjusting the strap of her school backpack, already crammed with millions of assignments until it felt the zip weakened heretofore could burst the whole form of luggage to serving no purpose. She just wanted to get back to her house and sleep the rest of the evening away like she had nothing better to do - forget the assignments...

She envisioned her old bedroom, not helping herself in the situation. Even after almost a week, she hadn't adapted to her new one, spiced up with a vibrant colour scheme from the previous owner that made her eyes pleased solely with a pastel palette want to scream. Just a lick of baby blue over that hideous hot pink and she might feel better...