Chapter 24 - Dainleif The Gigachad

'Thoughts'
"Speak"

~~~~~~~~~~

Zaicim flipped through the book Xingqiu had given him while stroking your fur. He sat with his legs crossed on the (his) chandelier while you purred in his lap. All of the NNBs were also up there with you. You had been in liyue and mondstadt for a month now. You had met almost all the playable characters in mond and liyue already. You especially enjoyed meeting Diona. You and Zaicim enjoyed trying to create the worst possible edible liquid you could come up with, along with helping Diona annoy drunkards. That was fun. You hadn't met Albedo while you were with Zaicim, but Klee had been added as a supporter to your arsonistic cause.

Zaicim also established a decent friendship with Xingqiu since they both like books. Well, Zaicim was never as obsessed as them as Xingqiu was and only read them to pass time or when he was bored, but still. Razor was another person who liked you a lot. Thought that a wolf would hate a cat since they're related to dogs? Well you're an honorary wolf now, take that Aether!

"Hey, it's time to go do some comissions. If you two won't come down then Paimon and Aether are going ahead!" You were interrupted from your state of loaf as Paimon called for you. Looking around, the NNBs had also learned to loaf, and were now just large balls of fluff with no legs. Now that Paimon had mentioned it, Zaicim joined the adventurer's guild, and you somehow got your own membership as y/n as well. Yes, there was a cat who had their own membership in the adventurer's guild now. Which also meant you had your own mora and comissions to do as well.

You walked onto the ledge of the chandelier and jumped onto the cat bridge that connected two the the cat pillars. Half of the NNBs jumped after you, while the other half latched onto Zaicim so that they could follow him as he jumped off the chandelier and onto the second floor. You had no idea how he pulled that off every time he needed to get to and from his chandelier. You both walked down and walked out of the mansion to come with Aether to meet with Katheryne in mondstatd.

~~~~~

"Traveler, please, over here." Aether walked towards Katheryne to see what she needed. "It has been a while since you have all joined the adventures's guild, how are your adventures going?" She asked. "Well, it's gotten a lot easier with Zaicim to help." He said while gesturing to Zaicim. Most of the time, you would be sitting on his shoulder as the NNBs swarmed around you and him. "Hmm, is that so? Apart from your own skills, reliable teammates are also indispensable when adventuring. Another person to count on is always good after all." She said. "And it's even harder to get a guide as good as Paimon." Paimon said while smugly smiling. "Hey, being smug is my thing." Zaicim said while smacking her. "Ooww! No need to be so upset!"

"Anyways, there was a certain blonde stranger wearing strange clothes that arrived in mondstadt recently." She explained. "Blonde... dresses funny... It feels like Paimon's heard this one before..." She said as Zaicim connected the pieces for her. "Aether's sibling?" He asked. "Could it be?..." Aether asked while hopefully looking at Katheryne. "Does their face look anything like his?!" Paimon asked while pointing at Aether. "Hm? Like the honorary knight's? No, they couldn't look more different. The stranger was a tall man who even wore an eyepatch." She said. "So just a distant relative of Kaeya's then..." Aether said deflating.

"Nonetheless, you can look for him if your interested. He might have some leads on your sister." She said. "He sounds like a tough customer." Aether said. "Please don't talk down on yourself like that. You are the honorary knight of the knights of favonious." You ignored her and turned your head to meet the small pile of NNBs on your back that were grooming you. You returned the favour and started grooming them back. "Alright then. We'll be heading off to ask Lawrence now." Aether said.

You continued to groom the NNBs as Zaicim followed Aether, although a bit slow since he still had to carefully step over the NNBs. Aether spoke with Lawrence by the gate as all of the NNBs on the ground began climbing up him. Half of the, all piled up into his pockets, while the other half were vibing on you. One of the NNBs decided to be different, and latched onto Zaicim's back and continuously pawed at your tail. You all went to Wagner next, and then after he told you what he knew, made your way to angel's share. When you had gone to Charles, he explained that Dainsleif came every night. You all went upstairs to wait for him by the railing.