Chapter 24

Hello beautiful,
How are you all?
Here is the next chapter

So Enjoy!!!
☺☺

*********************************
Ruhaan pov

I feel so helpless, seeing her in this condition. Her arms and neck are totally red and have formed rashes in a few areas. She is crying silently as her tears keep flowing. Her face is red, and it has started swelling slowly. She looks like a mess.

Everyone is worried about her, seeing her in pain. Dadi and Ma are trying to distract her mind to prevent her from scratching her skin. Me, Papa, and Vivaan are standing near them. She looked at me from time to time with tear-filled eyes, as if my face gave her relief.

"Ru-ruhaan Ji-i." She tried to say something but choked on her breath. Ma stood up from the bed, and facing me, she whispered, "Ru, sit with her. She needs you right now." While we both glance at her.

Nodding my head, I sat beside her. She looked into my eyes with her vulnerable and painful gaze. Her eyes are also red due to crying. Wiping her face gently with a wet wipe that Ma handed me

Holding her red face between my palms, I assured her, "Just a few minutes more; Aunty is on her way. You will be alright." I gave her a soft smile. "It's painful," she whispered to me.

"Where is it hurting?" Her lips are shivering as she tries to speak but fails. "Ok, just nod your head. Your hands?" I asked, making her nod while staring at me. "Neck?" *nod* "Throat?" *nod*

"Anywhere else?" I asked, to which she pointed towards her head and showed me her soles by removing the cover from her feet. All of us share a concerned look. Ma came towards her and, caressing her hair, she said," Don't cry, bachcha."

"Sorry for being late. I got stuck in the traffic," Ritu said while making her way towards our bed. Shaurya also comes with her, holding her bag. Her eyes fell on Siya's condition. She glances at me for a second before sitting near her.

Shaurya hands over her medical bag and stands with Papa and Vivaan. "Don't worry, Siya," Aunty said with a smile as she saw her teary face. "Let me see what happened to you." And started checking her rashes and swelling.

After examining her, she asked her," Did you use or eat something you are allergic to?" "I don't know, but I am allergic to soy." She replies in her hoarse voice.

Papa suddenly said, "We have soya in one of the curries in the party food." "I didn't know about your allergy; sorry, Beta. I would have..." Ma said it with guilt. Siya just shook her head at her and said," No, m-Mumma, it's not your fault."

Aunty started to take some of her things out of her bag and arrange them on the nightstand. Turning to face me, she informed me, "There is nothing to worry about. She just had an allergic reaction. She will be fine in a day or two." Making us sigh in relief.

"Siya, show me your arm, dear." Siya flung her right arm towards her. While Aunty took out a syringe and filled it with medicine. Siya's eye widened as she observed Aunty while gulping in fear. She turned her head towards me with her puppy eyes, as if asking me to help her, but didn't open her mouth.

Understanding her fear, I hold her other hand gently and give it a light squeeze while blinking my eyes once. Cleaning her skin with an alcohol wipe, Aunty was about to place the injection on her arm, but Siya suddenly shouted with her eyes tightly closed, making us startled.

"I-it's p-paining!!! Ruhaan ji, Mumma!!" making us chuckle at her. While Aunty laughed, she said, "Dear, it didn't even touch your skin." She peeked by opening one eye and letting out a sigh. Looking at us, she just sheepishly smiles.

"I know it's scary, but you have to take it, dear. Don't think about it. " Siya hesitantly nodded her head and turned to another side to avoid the sight. She let out a hiss as soon as Auntie injected her. Her hold on my hand tightened.

"See, it's done," Aunty said, smiling at her as she threw the used syringe in the dustbin. Siya gives her a weak smile, turning to face her again. "Ruhaan, I give her adrenaline; it will reduce her body's allergic reaction. I am prescribing some medicine for her rashes and sore throat," Aunty informed me while writing on her notepad.

Handing the prescription to me, she faced me and our family and said, "She might develop a fever later, but there is nothing to worry about. Just keep her body cool and hydrated." Nodding my head, I thank her, to which she just waves off.

"Siya dear, even after taking medicine, itchiness and burning will take some time to cure. And don't scratch your skin; it may cause infection and even leave scars or wounds. Are you getting me?" She informed her while putting her things in her bag.

Siya nodded with a small smile. Aunty stands to leave; she pats her head lovingly and says, "Get well soon; take care." Saying she turns around. Shaurya came forward, took her bag from her, and asked Siya to take care of her. Both of them leave the room with Vivaan.

Vivaan also takes prescriptions with him to buy the needed medicines. I asked my family to rest, but they were not ready to leave Siya in this condition, but somehow I made them agree with me. Ma orders me to call her immediately if Siya feels any discomfort or problems.

After assuring them a thousand times, they finally went to their room. Closing the door, I made my way towards Siya. She sat there with her head down while playing with her bangle. Sitting in front of her, I called softly, but she kept looking at her hand.

Holding her face I made her face me, so I could only see her tear-filled eyes. Soon her tears started flowing down her cheeks, making me worried for her. "Hey, what happened, Siya? Tell me?" She quickly hugs me tightly and starts crying loudly, making my heart stop in worry.

"Please tell me, Siya. I am getting scared." I said this while rubbing her back gently. "I am sorry. I am troubling you all unnecessarily and making you all worry." She said that, between her hiccups, after a while, I pulled out of the hug.

"Stupid girl, you're saying that you're troubling us. We are your family; therefore, you have the full right to trouble us, and we have the right to be worried about you. It is my duty to take care of you. We are husband and wife, Siya, and we have to share our pain, happiness, sadness, and worry with each other. So stop running your little mind, crybaby." I said this while wiping her tears.

She slightly pouts at the last word. Making me chuckle lightly at her. "Now rest for a while until Vivaan comes with the medicine." She lay down while I covered her with a duvet. Within a minute, she passed out due to the effects of the medicine.

Sitting beside her, I sat against the headboard of our bed and started caressing her forehead while keeping an eye on her red, swollen face. I don't know when sleep took over me and I dozed off while sitting. The continued knocking sound woke me up as I opened my eyes slowly while looking around, and then my eyes fell on my wife, who was sleeping.

Hearing the tapping on my door again, I walked up to open the door lazily. Opening the door, I found Vivaan standing there with a paper bag in his hands. "Bhai, medicines. Umm... Is bhabhi ok?" He gave me a bag and asked worriedly, making me smile at his care for her.

Patting her shoulder, I said, "She's sleeping right now due to the injection's effect." He nodded and said," I am in my room; call me if you need anything." I closed the door after assuring him and wishing him good night.

Placing the medicine on the nightstand, I thought about whether I should wake her up or not. She has to take her medicine but just fell asleep, and she needs proper sleep. It is already 5 a.m.; I will give her medicine with breakfast, as it is harmful to take it on an empty stomach.

I decided to wake her up around 7 and let her sleep for a while. And I went to freshen up and get ready.
*********************************

One more chapter is done, guys.
Hope you all liked it.

🥰🥰Thank you for all your love and support to this story guys🥰🥰

See you all soon
Till then
Take Care
❤❤❤