𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗.

This day has been a long time coming

Rhegan and I's first date.

We had done everything in the book as far as relationships go except for going on our first official date.

Well... a date that didn't end with her leaving and her setting off to Taiwan for three months all while dropping off of the face of the earth.

In my opinion, before she left, I was more than positive that we were ready to take that next step in solidifying our relationship... Clearly I was very wrong.

Now, I was more than sure that we could accomplish a nice meal and the activities that I planned to follow after.

Rhegan wasn't an ordinary girl. A romantic dinner was nice but it wasn't cutting it for someone like her. If I knew Rhegan as well as I thought I did, I was sure that the second half of this date would be just as successful as the first half.

I was taking her to Spruce for dinner. It was said to be one of the best restaurants for date nights out here.

Only the best for Rhegan.

" Which shoe?" She holds up to options against her black mini dress.

Hmmm... Which shoe would look better draped over my shoulder would've been a more appropriate question if you ask me.

" Strappy black Rene Caovilla?" She extends the black heel.

" Or Satin pink Jimmy Choos?" She holds up a fuchsia heel with a crystal embellishment around the ankle.

Easy answer. " The pink."

The crystal chain was practically a built-in anklet.

Think smarter. Not harder.

" Right. We're going on a date. Not a funeral." She bends down, placing the black heel into the shoe bag and retrieving the pink heel.

I lean against the door of the closet and watch as she runs around the closet for finishing touches with a smile on my face.

Her long black hair was in an updo, showing off her neck that I loved so much. The necklace that her father gifted her for christmas last year hanging from her neck as she stepped into her heels.

She straightened up with her hands on her hips, giving herself a final glance in the mirror, feeling her outfit appropriate for dinner.

" How do I look?" She asked.

" Like my future wife." There was no question about it.

Her cheeks flushed before she turned around, busting herself with shoving items into her purse to keep from showing off her shy act.

Pushing off of the frame, I walked towards her and wrapped my arms around her waist. " Don't hide from me."

" I'm not hiding," she mumbled.