Chapter 39

Y/N POV 

Sunday had gone past too quickly.

Lisa dropped by to say hello while she was out grocery shopping. The boys were less territorial than I thought they'd be, but maybe that was because she didn't bring Rose with her.

We ended up spending the entire day watching movies, occasionally me and Yoongi would go into the kitchen to cook or make snacks. I taught him how I make my favourite pasta, and he showed me how to make his favourite soup. It felt so domestic and homey.

And now it was Monday again.

I carefully tried to pull myself out of the bed, but with Jimin deciding he wanted to be human, and Yoongi holding onto me tightly, it was basically impossible. On cue, both of them tightened their holds on me, and I just lay there, sighing at the ceiling.

There were so many furry limbs tickling me, tails on my legs, ears tickling my neck and chest.

"We can cuddle again as soon as I get home" I tried coaxing them.

Their holds loosened a little, but not much. I decided to just rip the bandaid off. I sat up forcefully, making both of them groan. Whilst they were moaning and being dramatic, I climbed out of the bed and began to get ready.

I was feeling a little nervous about seeing Lucas today, he seemed a bit tense when I left his house on Saturday, and we hadn't talked since then. It should be fine, I told myself, we are normally fine at work.

Honestly, I was feeling a little bad about the whole situation. He had put in so much effort, paid for my meals, cooked for me, was kind to me, and I was probably being so cold towards him. Sure he made that weird comment about hybrids being needy, but other than that he was a decent guy.

Once I was ready to go, I gave the guys ear scratches and a kiss. I walked quickly to the station, just wanting to get the day over with already. I was feeling so jittery for some reason, unable to stop picking at my nails and bouncing my leg.

Of course, not seeing Jin in his usual spot just made me feel more uneasy. Why can't things just go back to how they were? Before I stupidly agreed to go out with Lucas, before Jin had to move. But I guess not before I adopted my pack. There was almost a week of just pure bliss and calm before everything went downhill.

Arriving at the office, I sat myself down after quickly chatting with Lisa, and got to work straight away. I was determined to zoom through the day with no distractions, then go home.

My morning was going successfully so far, and at around 10:30 I decided to make a cup of tea to warm myself up. As I got up though, I noticed Lucas and another guy walk into the staff kitchen. Ugh. I didn't want to be there at the same time.

I decided to wait, but after 10 minutes I lost my patience, I needed my tea! We would just have to break through the awkward barrier eventually.

Walking up to the kitchen, I overheard them talking quietly and I decided to wait, in case it was private. That was, until I heard my name.

"She still won't put out?"
"Nah, she's being difficult. I'm gonna lose this fucking bet"
"Told you, you should have picked someone else"
"Yeah well that doesn't help me now"
"You even made her dinner, all romantic and shit?"
"Yeah, are girls always this difficult?"
"You had to sleep with her before the end of the month, yeah? So you've still got 2 weeks, plenty of time!"

My body was frozen, unable to move.

Bet?

Was this whole thing, the dates, the dinner, all a bet?