forty six

I froze

I froze. Between us? Was there anything between us. 

He covered it up with a chuckle and a shake of his head, "What do you mean, principessa?" Francisco asked our daughter. 

"Uh uh." Leo, my idiot son smirked at us. Leaning back on the couch, he shrugged, "We've seen the discreet looks, the little smiles, the 'just you and me' look." 

"WHAT?!" Several voices screamed at his last words.

"Well, I guess he's right dad." Luca, his son sided with them. "Too secretive? I don't think so." 

I turn my head to look at him and my eyes widen when I see his ears turning red. Aw, is someone blushing. Mafia don my ass. 

More like, his ass in my hands, yea-

I decided to tease him, "Well, what looks?" I secretively winked at my daughter who followed along. 

"You think we didn't notice your absent minded smiles, your eyes shining when you look at him, huh dad?" She teased Fran. His eyes widened more if possible. Deep in my heart, a weird feeling bloomed. She calls me Papa and him as Dad. 

The Ferraris were standing awkwardly behind us. The Spanish and the Greek feeling no less alienated. 

"Well, I guess, we've had enough for today. How about we all rest for a while and then family time tonight?" Fran casually waved the topic off, trying to divert the topic which successfully worked. 

"Hmm." Astrea wiggled her brows suggestively. But dropped the topic after one look from Raif. "Fine." She huffed lightly. 

"Don't think you're getting away from this." She warned us. 

"Okay, okay." Fran nervously laughed. "How about a new start from tonight? No secrets?" Fran asked her hopefully yet nervously. Her eyes hardened, jaw ticked. 

"Shit." He mumbled. Well, he fucked up. 

But suddenly, she laughed. "Of course." She winked and walked away to her room with Pavel and Ivan trailing behind and Azrael smacking her on her head. Fran released a breath and smiled lightly. 

And she doesn't change. 

"Well, see you tonight?" Fran said to his family but was stopped by Santiago and Helena. "We wouldn't want to intrude. We will figure out our stay at our mansion." Helena smiled. 

"Yes, absolutely. It's great to see her like before. I didn't think this would be the reality after so long. We will be heading out tonight." Santi said. 

"Oh no no no. Sweetheart, it won't be a problem at all. You are not going anywhere tonight. You all are her family and now, we all are one family." Laura warmly welcomed them all. After a little more happy smiles and laughs, all of them went back to their rooms, leaving behind me and Fran.

"A word?" I asked him, hesitation clear in my voice. He nodded and I followed him to his room, all the while my hands sweating in anticipation. 

We entered his room and my heart started beating faster. What happened that night was not our fault. And we had no other option either. It was either do or die, and 'do' was our only option.

"Fra- Maxim-" We started together. I chuckled awkwardly to break the tension but unlike it, it only became more tense. 

"You go first." He tensely nodded at me. He walked around to the table and got out a bottle of  Glenfiddich Janet Sheed Roberts Reserve. Pouring in two glasses he handed one over to me. 

I looked at the glass and decided upon a swig. At least it would give me some strength to start again.

 At least it would give me some strength to start again

"It's not hard to believe it was that crinkly old hag behind all this." Ivan muttered with distaste. 

"Oh, how I would love to torture that cука." Raif chuckled darkly. His face contorting into a furious murderous expression. 

Astrea's hand tightened in my own as she leaned her head on my shoulder, making me grow more aware of her presence. 

I knew I wanted to kill that bitch, and I would. I would torture her so brutally that she would beg for mercy. Just the face of that σκύλα makes me want to treat with utmost torture and brutality. I want to unveil every monstrous side of mine to kill that bitch. The demon inside of me wants to claw her eyes out until I snip each and every vein in her body.

"I can practically hear you plan her treat." A soft voice whispered in my ear. I looked at her face shining with a tiny smile. Her face on my shoulder was so close to mine that our noses almost touched. I could feel her breath on my neck.

A hand gripped my shoulder and roughly pulled me away from her. "Stay away from my sister, you asshole." Pavel firmly shook my shoulder but I could see a glint of mischief in his eyes.

A knock on the door echoed throughout her room. We all looked at each other waiting for someone to open the door.

"The smallest of us opens the door." Adrian announced looking at Rosie.

"The most intelligent one of us opens the door." Rosie fired back with a smirk.

Adrian happily got up and went towards the door. "Of course, it's me." He laughed as if we all are dumb.

"Should've been the dumbest of us." Leo silently chuckled.

Love

~Nya