Chapter 18- Law and order

hello my lovelies,

I hope you had a great day today and if not, I promise you there will be better times.

Have fun reading and always remember that you are amazing and enough.

Please don't forget to vote and comment, it means a lot!

Please, think before spreading hate. Your words could break a person.

I love you, bye.

    I sit down on the chair in front of his desk and spin it around to look at him

    I sit down on the chair in front of his desk and spin it around to look at him. He is placed on the king-sized bed, leaning back on his stretched-out hands. The expensive fabric of his suit pants matches so well with the dark blue satin blanket, which is covering the actual sheets. The rest of the room is as elegant but I don't think I have seen anything more minimalistic.
And not in the way you would think. I am not talking about it looking less expensive but rather just empty. Like nobody would live in here. It feels like being in a hotel for the first time and not a room where a person actually sleeps. Not a place someone would normally call home.
The colors, the bedside table, the carpet.
Everything seems so inanimate and clean.

My eyes narrow in at the huge showcase that stretches over the entire wall on one side.
Behind the glass, there must be hundreds of books but I can't see the titles because they are turned around on the bookshelves.

The spine is not visible which leads to me not even having a single color besides the little navy and gray shades, before my eyes.

"Are you kidding me? You are shaming me for my book taste but are too much of a fucking baby, you have to hide what you are reading?"

"Your book taste, huh? So I was right. You are only reading about your lovey-dovey book boyfriends because you can't get a man in real life." He mocks me, with a pout on his lips.

He is trying not to laugh. My fists clench together as I try to bury the want, to throw a book at him, deep inside me. Not that I would do this, as for a book enthusiast like me, that would be a mortal sin.

And that was a lie because I must admit I have done it many many times but in my defense, it needed to be done.

"Of course, I have to read about a good man if I haven't met one that is good enough for me in real life. I don't think that's embarrassing for me, but for men, considering how many women have to go back to novels, just to believe in love and good sex." I reply, leaning forward, leaning my head on my hands as I steady my elbows on my thighs.