Decisions

As a child, I had always craved the affection and love of another person. Petunia and Vernon happily expressed their hatred for me, it didn't matter how old I was or how innocent, I had always known I was a 'freak' in the eyes of the only family I had ever known. I was naive enough to believe that maybe one day, they would see me for who I was, or as the daughter of Petunia's younger sister.

Unfortunately, that naivety followed me throughout my childhood, which led me to make the same mistake once I returned to the wizarding world. I was so eager and desperate to make friends, that I stuck to the first child I had seen and gave that person my undying loyalty and respect.

Looking back on my years at Hogwarts, I could finally see all the things I looked past. Ron's jealousy and bitterness were so obvious and yet, I gave him chance after chance because of everything we went through with one another. I allowed Hermione to control every and any aspect of my education because, at the time, I thought she wanted what was best for me and to be the best I could be. Oh, how naive I was... It made me sick to my stomach to think of my old best friends and think of all the times we spent together, knowing now, that none of it was real and was being forced on their behalf.

Due to having my life at risk every single year at Hogwarts, my love life was non-existent, but don't get me wrong, I've had my fair share of crushes but none of them went anywhere. My crush on George was something that I had developed in my first year, at the time I had thought it was something temporary and innocent. Of course, my feelings for him continues to develop as I grew older, though I had pushed it down so far that I was able to develop crushes on others, however, none were as intense as I had for George.

To now have him with me, in my bed, giving me the love and affection I had always craved and wanted, was the most amazing feeling I could have ever experienced. To think that he is my mate, one of the people that were quite literally made for me was something that I never thought possible, something that only happened in those muggle fairy tales.

"What's on your mind?" George's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I raised my head and rested my chin on his muscular chest.

"I was just thinking about how lucky I am to have you and after everything we've been through, I never expected to find the person I could be with for the rest of my life" His face softened and his eyes watered, dragging his finger down my cheek with a loveable expression.

"You have been through a lot more-"

"No, you lost your twin, George. You lost the person that you shared the womb with, the other half of yourself. You are the one who lost more" My heart broke as I watched the tears escape his brown eyes, I immediately cupped his face in my hands and wiped the tears away.

"I-I'm sorry" He sobbed, clenching his eyes shut to try and stop the flow.

"Don't ever apologise for expressing how you feeling and showing it. You will always be grieving his loss but in time, it will get easier to live through the day" I said softly, smiling at him.

"Fuck, I love you" He whispered as he stared into my eyes, though his widened in sight panic when he realised what he had said. I was speechless, never have I heard someone say they loved me so genuinely before. Don't get me wrong, Sirius and Remus had both said those words and I knew they meant it but hearing it from George made me feel something I've never experienced before. My heart began pounding in my chest and the feeling of butterflies in my stomach was something I'd only ever experienced with him.

"I love you too, Georgie" I responded with a wide smile as he let out a sigh of relief. I leaned down and placed my lips softly on his, his hands immediately grabbing my hips and lifting me to straddle him. The kiss got more heated and his hands began to roam my body, I wanted him more than I'd ever wanted anyone in my life but I knew I wasn't ready to take that step yet.