xxii

" 𝐴𝑙𝑙 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑛𝑎 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑎𝑦 𝑖𝑠, 𝐴𝑟𝑒 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑒? "

Sᴜɴᴅᴀʏ 10:52 ᴘᴍ-

You couldn't even process how to feel at this exact moment. Angry? Sad? Happy? Worried?

He was finally here. Sitting on your king sized bed that he had helped put together. His hair was messy but pulled back into a bun with his little flyaway hairs that always stood out. His outfit consisted of a black long sleeve collared shirt with dark blue jeans. His shoes were off so you figured he was here for a while.

He placed the book he was reading down on the nightstand, "I'm sorry that i've been away for a while. I had to figure some stuff out." He noticed that your face changed. "Stuff? That's the best you could come up with? Kenma, I've been worried about you! Everyone of your men knew what was going on with you, but for some reason I couldn't know. And now you're here and you're telling me that it was just 'stuff'?" You lashed at him.

He got up from the bed and started his way over to you, "Listen, I will tell you everything. Can you stop getting angry and listen to me?" When he was in front of you the smell of his cologne wrapped around you; you felt safe again. You exhaled and simply nodded before making your way over to your bed and sitting on the edge.

Kenma noticed that you were ready for him to explain, "When I found out that Lev and Kuroo had been taken, I wanted to keep you out of it. I was working hard on any lead that could've led me to them but all of them were dead. I was in a really desperate and vulnerable place and when Akaashi had told me that he knew who was behind all of this after Kuroo's death, I believed him and took his help."

Kenma's hand rubbed the back of his neck as he tried not to get angry just by trying to explain all that had happened. "I was drunk and dumb. If I was smarter I would've known that Akaashi was setting me the fuck up. He told me to go to this place where the person who killed Kuroo and had taken Lev would be at. When I went in, the motherfucker was already dead and I could hear cop cars already pulling up to where I was."

"So you were in jail all this time?" You asked. Kenma shook his head and walked towards the bed before sitting beside you. His body was turned so he could look at you more clearly while getting the rest of his story out. "No, I was in jail but only for five days. They said all of the evidence they had on me or some shit had gone missing so they had to let me go. I knew it wasn't any of my men because they had no idea what happened to me, I didn't talk to anyone during those five days until I had called Lev to pick me up."

"Have you heard from Akaashi in these past weeks or has he tried to make a move on you again?" You asked. Kenma sucked his teeth before inhaling, "The day after I got out of jail I found out that the guns were taken again. I had gotten a phone call from Akaashi himself later that day claiming that he took everything away from me in one fell swoop and he could control my life the way that he wanted. He was the reason I was in jail and the reason I got out."

Something wasn't making sense to you about this at all. "But why would he put you in jail just to take you right back out? Why go to great lengths for that?" You inquired. "He wanted to make it clear to me that he was in control, but that fucker has everything in hell coming for him now. I made the mistake of having my guard down once and I'm sure as hell making sure that his ass isn't going to pull anything else on the people in my life. Shit, i'll die before that fucking happens."

Kenma's eyes were burning with anger; so much anger that you've never seen in him. You lifted your hand and caressed his left cheek. You watched as his body slightly calmed at your touch; his eyes slowly closed before his head leaned towards the touch of your hand.

"I tried really hard to let you go and to keep you safe. But I realized that it was hurting me more to stay away from you." His eyes fluttered open as he finished his words to see your reaction. "I want this: I want you. I'll do everything in my power to keep you safe, if you feel the same way (Y/N). I apologize for everything that I have put you through, after everything you are the one person who I'd want to call mine." He explained.

He watched as a smile spread across your face. Everything you've ever wanted him to say to you finally happened but you still felt the emptiness that he made you feel when he had left you behind, alone in the dark. You wanted to forgive him so badly at that moment but you couldn't help but think if it would happen again and again. You used to trust him but all of that was broken now.

Your hand fell back into your lap as your smile faded. "I wanted you Kenma. Weeks ago you were drowning and you didn't let me even at least be there for you. I thought we had built something together, in each other but when you left me in the dark for these past two weeks I felt so abandoned by you." Tears started to swell up in your eyes, "It's not fair of you to do this. And all I'm thinking is how you're going to keep doing this; leaving me in the dark when things get out of hand. Jumping ship at the last minute and not telling me any details. I have feelings Kenma and it's not right for you to do this to me."

For once in his life Kenma felt his heart ache listening to how he actually made someone feel hurt. His cold hands touched and held your warm ones, meeting his eyes with yours. "I am really sorry for all of it. I mean it. I promise you on everything I have I will always try to make sure I never make you feel this way again. I'm serious when I say I want you to be mine (Y/N). All I'm asking is for you to give me another chance."

Looking into his eyes you saw that he was serious; Kenma Kozume really wanted to try again with you.

And let's face it, no one could ever turn him away; not even you.

Your hands fell out of the grasp that Kenma had on you and made their way to the sides of his face as you pulled him in for a long deep kiss. Feeling his lips on yours was something that you missed more than you thought you would've. The heartbeat between your thighs started up as his left hand started from your left knee to higher up your leg, lifting your dress that you wore.

His hand made it behind your left thigh and as you both pulled back to grasp air he pulled your leg and helped your body get on top of his. You watched his low hooded eyes look from your plumped lips to your eyes, with your hands still on the sides of his face. You used your right thumb to trace over his pink lips that were now a little stained from the lipstick you are wearing.

You pulled him back into another kiss, making sure your tongue made its way into his mouth. His hands traveled up your legs to your ass, moving your body to grind on his; feeling his hard boner through his jeans.

Your breathing got heavier and you could feel your panties getting wetter from feeling his erection. In a swift movement his right hand unzipped the back of your dress. You broke away from his lips to help him with getting off your dress but as you started to slip the dress off you shoulders Kenma stopped you by putting his left hand on the side of your face. His eyes looked at you with full admiration, "God I missed you."

"