18- Pastel De Elote

Y/N's POV

"I guess I can take a break.."
I hear Luisa mumble.

I roll my eyes and link our arms together.
"Your mom wasn't kidding about you being stubborn.", I mention jokingly.

"Ma called me stubborn??"

"Oh will you look at that, they're selling cake."

I drag her toward a building bustling with people walking in and out of it, and a large painting of a slice of cake on the front wall.

"Ah, Dolores says they have the best pastel de elote.", Luisa mentions as we make our way into the shop.

I walked up to the counter and took a look at the different desserts they had on display. Everything looked so good and there was the strong scent of baked goods and something sweet.

After waiting for a few moments, a man in an apron asked us what we would like. I pointed at two of the foods that I saw and also asked for the corn cake that Luisa said Dolores recommended. Luisa had insisted that she wasn't going to get anything, but ended up leaving the store with a bag full of little muffins.

"Where's a good place to sit and eat?", I ask her as I look around for somewhere quiet and shaded. I was so hungry I was willing to eat in the nearest alleyway if it was vacant and cool. 
I doubted Luisa was though.

She looked around too and pointed at the water fountain, "How about over there?"

"Too hot. It's directly under the sun.", I responded and shielded my eyes as I looked into the distance.

"The casita?", Luisa suggested.

"Too far.", I sighed.

"Your camp?", she asked..

"That's even farther than the Encanto!", I groaned.

"Right...Um...Oh! I know a place! It's right after the bend.", she exclaimed and started walking toward the bend in the road.

I hum in response and walk after her. "Leading me to a new location, just the two of us...this would've been the perfect opportunity to take my hand, y'know...", I casually mention.
Call me passive aggressive, but you can't tell me that wouldn't have been romantic.

Luisa stops walking and turns around to face me. She's blushing, fidgeting, and looks like she wants to say something, but for whatever reason—can't.

I sigh dramatically and hold my free hand out, making grabby hand. "I'm telling you I want to hold your hand. Just take it already."

Luisa looks down at my hand and slowly takes it into her own. Then she looks up at my face, looking like she wanted to know if she was doing it right.

I grin up at her and give her hand a reassuring squeeze. "So.. right around the bend, right?"

Luisa snaps out of the daze she was in and nods. "Yup, not too far now.", she tells me as she starts leading the way again. Only this time she's holding my hand.

I felt like I was skipping on clouds as we walked together. Part of me wasn't sure I was even on the ground anymore. It's not everyday you get to hold hands with a goddess.

Eventually, we reached a small cliff that overlooked a river. There was a single, large tree that provided a large amount of shade and there wasn't anyone out there. It looked pretty perfect to me.

Luisa led us up the small hill to the tree and took a seat against it. I sat in front of her and began opening up the bag of food I'd bought.

"So", I began as I started to eat, "how's life?"

"How is life? My life or..?", Luisa asked for clarification.

I shake my head, "No, I'm talking to the tree. I want to know how the tree has been."

Luisa ducks her head in embarrassment and I swear I hear her let out a huff.

"Sorry, sorry! I mean, how's your life going? Life in the Encanto? Life?", I answer with more sincerity.

__________
A/N
Long time no write, hm?
I know 😩 My bad my bad 😬

Anywho :)
If you wanna comment, I'll take date requests or just scenarios for y/n and any other Encanto character^^

So Y'know :D
Drop your ideas :0000

And as usual,
Thanks for reading <<<<3333