37. Intruder

●●●

●●●

Three plastic bags of colorful sweets were gently placed in front of Amelia. Both Justin and Ernie bought as much as they could, buying up almost all the chocolate in the shop. When they came across Aries and realized that the Slytherin girl submitted another order of Sweets, it was already too late to downsize since all the sweets were already purchased.

" This is enough to last you for the year," Ernie commented. The great hall began to buzz as students entered. All of them were excited about the annual feast.

" Hmm, It is probably going to last until January."

" January?"

" Definitely going to stuff my face in these sweets during the holidays," Amelia mumbled. She dragged the three bags onto the floor to make room for her food.

" You are unbelievable." Ernie laughed. Justin tried to avoid looking around the table. He felt all the blazing eyes burning holes in his skull and the side comments calling him a 'mud-blood.' The two Hufflepuff boys said their goodbyes and returned to the safety of their table.

Hundreds of candle-filled pumpkins floated above their head, a cloud of bats fluttered around, and as always, bright orange streamers hung across the stormy ceiling. The food was delicious, like always, and she helped herself for seconds of everything. Aries sat a little bit down the table but Theo and Blaise sat across from her and invited her into their conversation.

" You must visit the three broomsticks. Honestly, they serve the best butterbeer." Theo beamed as he drank his pumpkin juice.

" Though, Honeydukes was practically empty. They run out of chocolate the moment I arrived." Blaise complied.

Amelia stifled a laugh, hiding it behind her golden goblet filled with Hogwarts butterbeer. Her three sacks of sweets hid swiftly under the seat.

" That sounds horrible," said she.

Once night drew near, The feast finished with entertainment provided by the Hogwarts ghosts. They popped out of the walls and tables to do a bit of formation gliding; Nearly Headless Nick, the Gryffindor ghost, had great success with a reenactment of his botched beheading. Amelia grimed slightly, the scene was quite graphic but enjoyable. When the feast had finally ended, Amelia retreated her bags of sweets and carried them to the dungeons. Blaise's jaw dropped at the size of the bags, completely offended that she managed to wipe out the shop without having to physically be there. Theo, impressed, helped her carry two of the bags letting Amelia haul the other one on her own.

" You don't have to," Amelia tried to protest but Theo waved her off.

" It's my pleasure."

Once inside the Slytherin common room, Amelia took the bags up into her dorm one by one and hide them in her trunk. Theo promised to guard her sweets ( from Blasie) while she was gone.