chapter one

It was an early Monday morning, I woke up at about 6:30am. I got dressed and brushed my teeth, when I walked down the stairs I noticed my mother sleeping on the couch with a beer in her hand.. gosh, dad must've left for work already. I guess I have to walk to school, again. I thought to myself, despising the fact I have to walk in the cold breeze. I took the beer out of my mother's hand and threw it away, I made myself a bit of toast, then I packed my bag and put my shoes on.

Whenever I got outside, I shivered. It's so bloody cold. "I hate the mornings." I mumbled to myself. I then fixed my bag that was halfway down my shoulder. Whenever I heard laughing from behind me, I just knew it was them. I started walking faster but they caught up to me.

"Where do you think youre going dickweed?" One of the bullies said to me. "Im going to school.. just leave me alone." I mumbled, one of the bullies grabbed me then pushed me to the floor. I looked behind them, physically shitting myself, because I knew that face from anywhere. It was Robin Arellano. He must've heard what they did to Finney.

"Oi, dipshits," robin says in a harsh tone. They look behind them and they also got scared. I started to get up slowly and grab my bag. But I didn't go just yet. I stayed to watch the drama. "Wanna explain what you did to my best friend?" They look at each other in confusion. "Who's your friend?" One of them mumbles softly "Finney blake, you stupid dipshit." Oh boy did I know, all three of their asses were gonna get beat. I started to walk away as fast as I could, whenever I arrived to school I walked to my locker and put most of my books inside.

I keep hearing people whispering about some.. new boy?? Apparently that he was really cute. Meh. Just probably some straight boy who's gonna make fun of me like the others. I walked to class early and sat in the farthest seat in the back. I slowly put my head down and waited until first period starts.

The teacher smacked a ruler on my desk, startling me that I wake up. "Mr Stagg, school isn't a place to be sleeping in. Go spray some water in your face so that you'll be more awake when the new boy arrives." I heard the class snickering and laughing and I just nodded in embarrassment. Whenever I was in the hallway, I heard the same footsteps from this morning. Great, just great. Now they're gonna beat me up because nobody else will be there. I thought to myself, I started walking faster and faster then turned into the bathroom, I sprinkled some water on my face to wake me up, then I heard the bathroom door slam shut. I looked over to see the three that bullied me, and possibly Finney. "Oi, f@ggot. I hope you know that nobody is here to stop us or to protect you now." Bully number 2 says. I look down at the floor, scared to know what happens next.

Bully number one(I dunno his name so we'll call him Mike), Mike grabs my bag and throws it to the floor. I already know what's gonna happen next so I didn't bother stopping it. Next thing you know, Joshua(bully 2) pushed me to the floor and grabs the bandana off my wrist, they take out a pocket knife and cut into my skin where they cut on Friday. I wince in pain and then William(bully 3) grabs me by the cheeks, then punches me in the face. I felt a warm tear run down my face and so I looked down. They all left while I was still in the bathroom on the floor, I picked up my books that were scattered all over the floor, I grab my bandana and tie it back over the wound on my wrist. I'm so sick of this shitty life. I hate everyone. Why can't I just end it now. I thought to myself. I got up and left.

——————

It was finally home time. I waited for my mum to pick me up but she never shown, I guess she's just hungover. I thought while looking down at the floor, then I noticed someone I've never seen before, he had a red jacket and a red bike. Could  he be the new kid?? I just shook it off and left.