𝟢𝟢𝟫. 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝖺𝗂𝗇𝗍 𝗂𝗍 𝖼𝗁𝗂𝖾𝖿

𝖺𝗎𝗍𝗎𝗆𝗇
𝟫:𝟢𝟤𝗉𝗆
𝖺𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍

•••

"Who is this nigga anyway?" I follow her into the bathroom as she continues to flat iron her hair.

"You don't know him, he's not from Louisiana."

"Does he make music?"

"I don't know, he hasn't told me anything personal yet."

"How he look?"

"Why are you in my damn business?" She applies her lipgloss.

"I'm just curious."

"If me and him work out then you can get to meet him and ask him all your stupid ass questions, okay?" She puts both of her hands on my shoulders. "Now, please move, I don't want to be late."

I roll my eyes as I move out of the doorway.

"What time you coming back home?" I ask as she opens the front door.

"I'll text you Autumn, bye!"

She closes the door behind her.

I sigh as I lay on the couch.

This just reminded me of how hoeless I am.

I don't want to fuck with fans nomore, not after that tiktok shit.

I just wish I wasn't known as much as I am sometimes, so I could live my life not worrying about who's recording me and niggas all up in my face when they see me.

Like when I was like UNDERGROUND underground, I was making money but I could still do shit without niggas in my business.

I guess I'll just meet Prince at the studio and sing about it.

I dap him up as I walk in and we both sit on the couch for a minute.

"Why you look so depressed?" Prince asked as he sipped his cup.

"I do?"

"Yea, you look like you found out somebody died. You good?"

"Yea, I'm Ight."

"I got a feelin you gone be singing tonight?"

"Hell yea," I get up and walk into the booth.

Prince sits in the engineer seat and presses the button to talk within the booth, "Aye bruh guess who's in town right now."

"Who?"

"Izzy. He was supposed to come to the studio tonight but that simp ass nigga on a date right now."

I raise my brows as my eyes widen, "HE'S ON A WHAT?"

"That nigga found some girl at Walmart and cancelled last minute. Why you just yell like that thou-

"Ah hell nah," I storm out the booth and begin to pace back and forth.

"Nigga? What's wrong with you? You gotta crush on him or sum?"

"Prince shut up. Riley is on a date right now. She wouldn't tell me his name."

"Wait, what? So you think Izzy is the guy Riley is currently on a date with?"

"Nigga, yes. She said he wasn't from here."

"I mean, even if they are on a date, who fuckin cares? Y'all not together, right? You made it very clear you wasn't ready for no relationship."

I didn't respond. He was right, but a lot of things have changed since I said that.

Including my feelings.

"Wick, are you jealous?"

I don't respond.

He chuckles, "No fucking way. Nigga I been knew you genuinely liked Riley, I just didn't know you were gonna make it this obvious. So, what are you gonna do? You gonna tell her?"

"Hell nah, it's obvious she don't wanna be with me. I deadass haven't had sex since I been living there."

"WHAT? NOTHING?"

"Yes bro. She don't wanna have sex cause she said it'll 'confuse us'. I ain't confused I know I want her."

"Damn. I know you said she just wants to co-parent, but just tell her how you feel. She's gonna notice your jealousy, it's pretty noticeable."

"If I tell her, it's just gonna make shit awkward. I'm good."

"You never take my fucking advice. I'm getting tired of you nigga."

I laugh, "Your advice just fucking sucks."

"Ight bruh."

We laugh a lil bit and get back to making some music.

A couple of hours go by and I head back home. I open the front door to see Riley at the kitchen counter, crying.

I drop my backpack and speed walk over to her, "Riley? What's wrong? What happened?"

She sniffles and wipes her face, "I'm okay, just pregnancy emotions n shit."

"You sure?"

She frowns, "I couldn't do it."

"Do what?"

"The date. I couldn't do it."

"Wait what? You left the house though."

"Yea I left and then I turned around. I couldn't do the date."

"Why not Riley?"

"I'm just not ready for a relationship or anything right now. It's a lot going on. I'll just get me a rose or something."

"A rose? What is that? Like the flower?"

"Don't worry about it," she sighs. "Anyways, don't worry about me, I'm okay."

I wrap my arms around her, hugging her, "These past couple months have been crazy for the both of us."

She leans her head on my chest as she wipes her tears, "You wanna have sex?"

"Huh-

"I should've asked you I'm sorry, I just didn't want to confuse things. I rather have sex with you than some random guy from Walmart."

"Riley, we can't have sex," I shake my head.

"Wait, what? Why?"

"We just can't."

"Why not? You were the one who wanted to in the first place!"

"Because I have feelings for you, Riley."

She furrows her brows and looks at me confused, "Autumn, you're joking right?"

"No, that's why we can't. I know you don't feel the same."

"I thought you didn't want to be in a relationship right now?"

"That was months ago, a lot has changed since then."

She was in complete shock. I know I fucked up.

"I need a minute," she says as she walks to her room.

"Riley, wait-

She closes the door in my face.

Yea, I'll just sleep at a hotel tonight.