Cruel Summer

Time in Paris flew like all the other good times. The time they spent together felt like heaven becuse of the distance that was between them usually. 

They were sitting in Taylor's balcony watching the beautiful sun set. She was wearing another shirt which belong to Joe. His hand was around her, stroking her arm while she held her mobile. They were playing truth and dare, looking from questions from the internet. 

"So, its written that if there was a fire in a building, you managed to escape but I got left behind. Will you come back to save me?" She asked him the truth as it was his turn. 

"Hmm, What do you think?" He spoke thoughtfully. 

"I can't really say. Just tell me the answer!" 

"Maybe I would. I don't think I'd wanna live in a world without you, you know?...Thats because then who will be the most stupidest person if not you?" He answered, but end it with a banter because he thought it was becoming too cringy. 

She smiled and said, "You are always welcome to take my position" She was aware about his habit of hiding the heart touching things he said with casual and funny banter lines. She was starting to learn to de-code them.

"Okay, my turn!" He said and took the mobile from her.

"Be right back" She got up from the chair and went in to take some water for herself. 

When she came back after five minutes, she saw something which almost changed her life. He was playing with her dear cat Olivia and he looked the cutest. 

He was holding the cat with both his hands and talked in a cute tone, "Hello madam. You're the cutest cat in the whole world. I love you, so much" He brought the cat near his face and she started licking his cheek with her little tongue. "And you know what? You've got the coolest mother. She's really awesome. Don't tell her that I appreciated her"  

She felt the whole world stop. It felt as if she got an epiphany. This was the moment she realised how she wanted to be with him forever. That's when she knew that she loved him. 

She was shocked. She took a step back, then another, and ran into her room. Slamming the door shut, she sat on the floor while her back was against the bed. 

She couldn't stop wondering about how could she fall in love with him. She always thought of him as the worse and now she's suddenly ready to give up the world for him. She sensed that something was wrong with her. Because this wasn't possible. She always knew love hurt and she didn't think of falling for him when they started dating. She hated how strong his magnetic force was. She hated how much she was falling for him. 

She heard his muffled screams calling her. She shouted, "I'm here". 

He came into her room and saw her sitting on the hard floor. He asked, "you okay love?"

Now she wanted to cry even more. The way he called her, it made her go crazy.

"Hm. It's great. I was just thinking about going out for lunch and i was stuck between two places to eat" She lied though her teeth like a pro.

He raised his eyebrow and suspected her of lying. But considering how her personality was — worrying about every little detail — he just went with her answer.

"Hmm, okay" He stuck two fingers out. "Decide which finger is which place. Then I'll choose one finger and we'll go there, okay?"

She nodded. She carefully gave one place to both the fingers. He closed his eyes and chose the index finger.

"Okay, thanks for choosing" She said. She held her hand and got up from the floor.

"You're welcome" He replied.